Oil & Fuel Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid
I think it's also interesting to note that any one particular label brand of oil can, and will change their ingredients over the years. Check out this thread from Bob is the oil guy in regards to Traveller fluid from 2010, VOA- THF Comparison, Traveller, HyTran, SuperTrav - Bob Is The Oil Guy

Back the, it was almost void of all anti wear elements, in my analysis here in this thread, the numbers are much better.

What to take away from this? I would say that one can never settle on any specific product without checking its quality from time to time.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #12  
I went with Ford Heavy Duty10w-30 as it most closely matched (as a CJ-4 oil) the older Rotella T6 formula/content. Again, this is for me. All my equipment is OK to run CJ-4 oils, and I really liked the T6. But the price difference is like $10/gallon now.

I went with Ford Heavy Duty10w-30 as it most closely matched (as a CJ-4 oil) the older Rotella T6 formula/content. Again, this is for me. All my equipment is OK to run CJ-4 oils, and I really liked the T6. But the price difference is like $10/gallon now.

for a 10w, it does quite well at -25C in the cold cranking viscosity test. 1069Mpa better than a 10W spec max limit. Good looking additive pack too, specifically the antiwear elements Phosphorus and Zinc

Good find for an alternative to an expensive 5w-40

I really like how competitive the oil market has become, and that testing oil is becoming a bit more mainstream, really cuts back on silly misleading slogans. There are a lot of great oil options these days that just were not around even 10 years ago.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #14  
for a 10w, it does quite well at -25C in the cold cranking viscosity test. 1069Mpa better than a 10W spec max limit. Good looking additive pack too, specifically the antiwear elements Phosphorus and Zinc

Good find for an alternative to an expensive 5w-40

I really like how competitive the oil market has become, and that testing oil is becoming a bit more mainstream, really cuts back on silly misleading slogans. There are a lot of great oil options these days that just were not around even 10 years ago.

A bit off topic, I recall when not too long ago the oil companies advertised the heck out of how their brand of gasoline performed so much better and cleaner than the others. E.g., "Grrr...put a Tiger in your tank!"

Don't see that anymore, unless I'm not watching enough t.v.

So, is it good stuff or not?

I wanted the data to speak for itself and try to reserve my own opinion, but I suppose there is no harm in saying that it looks like a fine oil for this application. Average amounts of antiwear additives like phosphorus and zinc, and a fair amount of calcium to fend of oxidation, and the Total Acid Number is low at this sample point. Viscosity is also on point, showing 51.2SUS, which is middle ground for SAE 20

All things considered here, I believe you could find a better additive package in some other oils such as SUDT2 that could withstand abuse beyond interval if the situation demanded so. It's always an interesting situation, those who would abuse their tractor and neglect many hours beyond the correct service interval out of ignorance, are the ones who benefit the most from using the high dollar, $100 a pail oil. Yet they are the ones often using the cheapest they can find.

From the data give, Traveller is fine for average duty use up to the correct service interval change.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #18  
Nice to hear you guys use my oil... *grin* I work in a plant that blends and bottles lubricants, using our stuff keeps me employed. Thank you!

I see many brands go down the line and out the door, and, no, it doesnt all come out of the same tank. We custom blend the recipe the customers provide.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #20  

so you have been running c-4 10w30 motor oil in your hydraulics?