Oil & Fuel Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #21  
This is an older thread but it has valuable test data on Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid which I am considering using on my 2019 Kioti NX5010 HST.

Just curious if people continue to use Traveller fluid with good results and would recommend it. Also, has anyone determined who the manufacturer is so I can get spec data on it.

thanks

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #22  
I believe the manufacturer to be Warren Oil

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid
This is an older thread but it has valuable test data on Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid which I am considering using on my 2019 Kioti NX5010 HST.

Just curious if people continue to use Traveller fluid with good results and would recommend it. Also, has anyone determined who the manufacturer is so I can get spec data on it.

thanks
Back in 2018, when I had the analysis of this thread done, I refilled with Travelers again. When the next change came along in 2022 the next analysis was on par for the hours compared to the previous analysis, the copper level had not decreased, which is notable. So by this point, I had run Travellers brand for 800 or so hours, (400hrs per change). During all this time, I have noticed a cold weather hesitation in the Traveller fluid compared to my fathers DK45se (my father and I purchased two of the exact same tractors at the same time back in 2015), which I had filled with Mobil 424. This hesitation is to be expected given the oil types, once warmed up, all is normal. I gave my father at the time 3 options to pick from, I rated traveller as perfectly serviceable, 424 as better, and SUDT2 as best. these opinions were solely based off of opinions from my reading. He chose the 424. So it has been interesting to feel the difference, subtle, but 424 feels smoother. I do not yet have an analysis of the 424, only his previous oil from the factory that was drained. That last oil change in 2022 for my own DK45se, I went with SUDT2, for no other reason than to at least try it out once. I will be excited to have the samples in for both the 424 and the SUDT2. I do also want to hammer a point home that I had made a few years ago here. Oil manufacturers can change their blends, an analysis from a number of years ago, may or may not apply well to the same "branded" oil today, but it is certainly better than hearsay.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #24  
Thank you xcgreene! Very informative just like before. I did notice your in Maine which is a cooler climate than Middle Tennessee. I have concerns about my hydraulic fluid getting too hot when running the PTO for a few hours in the heat and humidity. My local dealer puts Legacy brand in tractors which is ISO 68 (SAE 20) so I'm thinking with Traveller being SAE 10W-30 it might work better with the higher temps.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #25  
At my dk45se 50 hr service, I used Then And Now Pictures of the Battlefield - Gettysburg National Military Park (U.S. National Park Service) Premium Universal Tractor Trans/Hydraulic Fluid. Lots of opinions on oils out there, so I thought I could add to the conversation my oil sample analysis from my 400hr service.

Oil filters used during this time:
* Kioti T5710-38031 hydraulic oil filter with filter magnet (Magnet info thread, if interested DK45se hydraulic filter magnet installed)
* Donaldson P573481 HST filter. (My Donaldson filter analysis, if interested Kioti HST filter vs Donaldson HST filter, Opened both.)
Thanks for sharing this. When I changed my engine oil I saved a sample to be tested (about 850 hrs on engine; about 110 hours on the oil). I think I will also do my trans fluid when I change it at 1,000 hrs (coming up soon). I am going to try Mobil Del Vac (same as 424) this time. I used Travaller the first time and Wolfshead the 2nd change, as it's what my dealer used for trans changes. I'd like to have less whine but not sure if any fluid will change that.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #26  
Back in 2018, when I had the analysis of this thread done, I refilled with Travelers again. When the next change came along in 2022 the next analysis was on par for the hours compared to the previous analysis, the copper level had not decreased, which is notable. So by this point, I had run Travellers brand for 800 or so hours, (400hrs per change). During all this time, I have noticed a cold weather hesitation in the Traveller fluid compared to my fathers DK45se (my father and I purchased two of the exact same tractors at the same time back in 2015), which I had filled with Mobil 424. This hesitation is to be expected given the oil types, once warmed up, all is normal. I gave my father at the time 3 options to pick from, I rated traveller as perfectly serviceable, 424 as better, and SUDT2 as best. these opinions were solely based off of opinions from my reading. He chose the 424. So it has been interesting to feel the difference, subtle, but 424 feels smoother. I do not yet have an analysis of the 424, only his previous oil from the factory that was drained. That last oil change in 2022 for my own DK45se, I went with SUDT2, for no other reason than to at least try it out once. I will be excited to have the samples in for both the 424 and the SUDT2. I do also want to hammer a point home that I had made a few years ago here. Oil manufacturers can change their blends, an analysis from a number of years ago, may or may not apply well to the same "branded" oil today, but it is certainly better than hearsay.

If you are interested, there is a hydraulic fluid analysis post on YouTube now with 9 different brands tested, including Traveller. All are virgin samples straight out of the bottle, so you can see how those number look fresh vs your used sample.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #28  
This thread is older than dirt........ :rolleyes:
And we are still without xcgreene's SUDT2 analysis, if he is still here.

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #29  
So, is it good stuff or not?
I'm saying that, THAT depends on how it's used.

I read in THEIR papers that said NOT to use it for HD hydraulic use, so I won't use it.

What am I supposed to do, go to a job and look at it to see if it will cause HD hydraulic use, THEN decide if I should do the job or not??

NO thanks, I'll just pass on using that oil.

SR

/ Oil Analysis of Traveller Premium Universal Hyd/Trans fluid #30  
If you want to know, call or check out Blackstone in/on the Internet. They will provide you with a free sample bottle and you send it in and then pay for the analysis. real simple.