Oil filter wrench for D130 mower?

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #11  
   / Oil filter wrench for D130 mower?
Thanks Edward, I was actually looking at that one. You guys would have loved to see the oily mess I made with my "puctuation" earlier today.

The embarrassing time I had with the brand new Lincoln grease gun will have to simmer awhile before public humiliation. :D

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #13  
Some people, actually puncture their filters! Because they don't want oil on their vehicles, but its nonsense, its going to get everywhere no matter what! Your never going to do a oil change and not get one drop of oil on your vehicle.

I have a strap oil filter wrench, and one of the claw ones that I showed you but KD Tools makes it, this is what I have http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/d...T_-1_-1&mn=KD+Tools&mc=KDT&pt=N0066&ppt=C0164

The Channellock and KD Tools Oil filter wrench are both good.

:laughing: I punctured the helllll outta this one after I drained what I could. Most of the dribble went on the ground (don't tell the EPA :eek:)

Thanks Jim, I'll take a look.

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #17  
Just bought the pliers. They worked great. I am no longer a strap wrench guy. Thanks for the suggestions.

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #18  
   / Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #19  
The pliers I bought yesterday definitely created a deeper indentation into the filter. So what? This is an old filter I am going to throw out anyway. Why would I care that the filter is crushed by the pliers? I can understand why I would care on the way on, but as per instructions I only hand tighten on the way on. On the way off, the only reason I don't just jam a screwdriver through the filter to get more leverage is because of the mess that makes. What am I missing? Thanks for any info.

/ Oil filter wrench for D130 mower? #20  
I had issues getting an oil filter off of a car years ago. My dad drove a screwdriver in one side and out the other and used the screwdriver as a lever. Came right off.