oil psi ? ranch king tractor.

/ oil psi ? ranch king tractor.
Again please, which oil filter are you using? And not that Rural King ever did much better, but they sold their rebadged Jinmas as Tractor Kings, I don't know who sold Ranch Kings

//greg//
It's a red Baldwin filter sold @ rual king

Hate to say it but you may have a spun & locked crankshaft or camshaft bearing. If the issue isn't resolved with the oil filter, then I'd plan on dropping the oil pan. :( I recommend performing an oil analysis.

If it is a bearing wouldn't it have low psi all the time . Not after 2 hrs of work ? It starts @ 80 then slowly drops to 22 psi @ 2400 rpms after running for an hour . But @ idle has less than 5 when oil is hot . As of today it has 106 hrs and I have put 36 of those on it . I change the oil every year . I have owned it for 5 years . It's like the oil gets so thin the pump can't built psi . Idk I need to put a oil temp gauge on it . It runs and sounds fine it starts great when its warm out . It doesn't like cold weather starts ,but once started it runs fine.

/ oil psi ? ranch king tractor. #13  
A bearing that has spun and locked did make a sound at one time but wouldn't necessarily be discernible after that event. The number of hours and the quality of the lube oil are somewhat irrelevant as to the cause. What is at issue is the metallurgical quality of the bearing in question - in the case of the crankshaft bearing, the indexing tabs - in the case of the camshaft bearing, the interference fit. A bearing can spin without seizing on a shaft permanently (welding itself) and partially or completely block an oil passage causing very high back pressure, to the point of popping the relief valve on the pump, but yet still pass enough oil to the rest of the bearing through "wire drawing", to prevent complete seizure. A diesel engine would sound quite normal operating under these conditions. The subtle knocking of the crank journal could be easily mistaken for and masked by detonation sounds. There are instruments available that can detect and isolate those sounds and vibration frequencies. An oil analysis will give you some real good information so you can make an informed decision in which direction to proceed.
My guess is that after two hours of brush-hogging your engine oil is very hot - hot beyond viscosity stability.

Greg wants to know the number on the red Baldwin filter. :thumbsup:

/ oil psi ? ranch king tractor. #14  
It's a red Baldwin filter sold @ rual king
Ok, but I'm pretty sure Baldwin makes more than one filter. So let me try one more time. What is the Baldwin filter number ?

//greg//

Ok, but I'm pretty sure Baldwin makes more than one filter. So let me try one more time. What is the Baldwin filter number ?

//greg//

Idk the # . I will have too look and I won't be able to do that till next week as I am not home for a few days . Thank you for trying to help me . I will get back to you . I know its very hard filter to get and expensive .rual king is the only place I can find it. I took it to a auto parts store and they could not cross ref. It with anything the can get. Even from their Baldwin book ,I would like to use a wix . Tell me what filter I should be using and I will get one and change it .

/ oil psi ? ranch king tractor. #16  
Idk the # . I will have too look and I won't be able to do that till next week as I am not home for a few days . Thank you for trying to help me . I will get back to you . I know its very hard filter to get and expensive .rual king is the only place I can find it. I took it to a auto parts store and they could not cross ref. It with anything the can get. Even from their Baldwin book ,I would like to use a wix . Tell me what filter I should be using and I will get one and change it .
It's not a Baldwin if it isn't in the Baldwin book!

/ oil psi ? ranch king tractor. #17  
I have been using a Fram PH3950 for years on my tractor. I have also crossed it over to Wix, STP, Napa, ect. Just get whatever they have where I am at.

Anyway, Fram PH3950 is the number I start with.

For future reference here are the numbers I have used since 2003.

Air= Purulator A42019
Oil= Fram PH3950
Fuel= Fram P6503

Chris

I have been using a Fram PH3950 for years on my tractor. I have also crossed it over to Wix, STP, Napa, ect. Just get whatever they have where I am at.

Anyway, Fram PH3950 is the number I start with.

For future reference here are the numbers I have used since 2003.

Air= Purulator A42019
Oil= Fram PH3950
Fuel= Fram P6503

Chris

Thank you this is a big help

/ oil psi ? ranch king tractor. #19  
I have the 4 cylinder version of your engine, but they share a lot of common parts - including filters. Since the only parts store in town is a NAPA, I use
oil Filter - NAPA= 1516
Fuel Filter - NAPA= 3195
Air Filter - NAPA= 2276

And someone put together a pretty handy list a few years back; see below.

//greg//

I have the 4 cylinder version of your engine, but they share a lot of common parts - including filters. Since the only parts store in town is a NAPA, I use
oil Filter - NAPA= 1516
Fuel Filter - NAPA= 3195
Air Filter - NAPA= 2276

And someone put together a pretty handy list a few years back; see below.

//greg//
Thanks do u think if I change filter brands it will solve my problem
? Where do you go for parts , if I have too do a bottom end.