Old plow behind Kubota

/ Old plow behind Kubota #21  
Sounds like you have the front end too high for if set right the plow will pull itself into the ground. Just wondering here, it would require cutting off the tongue but how about cutting the tongue and slipping it into a 3 pth receiver hitch?

/ Old plow behind Kubota #22  
Some advice about pulling a plow with your tractor. My Dad and I were doing the same thing with his MF 35 and the plow hung on an unknown stump and the tractor flipped backwards before I knew what was happening! The hood landed on my head and would have killed me if the ground had not been plowed do deeply. BE SURE YOU HOOK BELOW AXLE HEIGHT, NOT ABOVE AXLE HEIGHT!!

/ Old plow behind Kubota
If I have to cut it to make it work then it's going to be a lawn decoration. I tried hooking it to the drawbar with a clevis. It's flopping sideways on me, and if I steady it by hand and push down it will dig in a little. When i let go it falls over again.

/ Old plow behind Kubota #24  
Sounds like you just found out what the handles are for!

/ Old plow behind Kubota #25  
Sounds like you just found out what the handles are for!

This deserves a second!

I grew up in the time when a lot of mules were used still for certain work. Pulling drags and cultivation of crops especially when too high for the then typical tractor. Very very seldom did I ever see any one use a horse plowed used the second time by anyone behind a tractor. For one thing the horse plow was made as Ken Mac pointed with no safety factor in the plow the animal was the safety factor. A good mule pulling a plow was a work partner, if trained properly you did not have much of pulling the reigns as many would think, they knew where to walk in relationship to the crop.

For the safety reason, for the reason you must have a helper to drive the tractor or manage the plow if not willing to change from current design would suggest use it for decoration. Look around for used small tractor equipment, most likely there is an old guy out there who is selling it. kt

/ Old plow behind Kubota
I have to admit this was an impulse buy. It was the end of the day and my cash was easier to put in his truck then the plow was. It still looked in decent shape so I thought I would give it a go. It's not quite working out, so maybe I will just paint it up and resell it.

/ Old plow behind Kubota
Ok, when I got off work today I tried something different. A while back I had bought a piece for my trailer hitch that has 2 tabs welded to it attach a clevis. I put this in my 3pt hitch and hooked the plow to it with a bolt. I took another bolt and put it thru a hole i found in the arch above the blade. On both sides of this bolt I ran a chain down to the ends of the 3pt pins and tensioned it with a load binder. I used the slack in he chain to connect to the top link on my hitch. I can pick the whole thing up and the plow does not fall over when I sit it down. I have to adjust it a little, but I think this could work.

/ Old plow behind Kubota #28  
It would not be hard to make a proper frame to fit the three point.

/ Old plow behind Kubota #29  
It would not be hard to make a proper frame to fit the three point.

I have also done this. Some angle iron and a few welding rods and a couple pins and you're there.

/ Old plow behind Kubota #30  
Even a purpose made 3 pt plow can be hard to set up. I have an off-brand fairly modern one I found in my B-I-L's field. I plow maybe once every two years or so and still don't have a 'feel' for setting it up. It takes me 3 or 4 passes, fiddling with it after each pass to get it right, sometimes considerably longer. It would take a lot of fiddling with your rig to get it to bite and plow properly.