omaha Steaks

/ omaha Steaks #1  

mjarrels

Elite Member
Tractor
1949 farmall, 1961 Fordson Dexta, 1986 Duetz Allis, 2001 Kubota.
Holididay specal adds are listing omaha steaks at $90.00 a box, I'm not much of a steak eater because of missing teeth. Just curioous if a box of steaks, burgers and chicken breast are worth it.

mark

/ omaha Steaks #3  
We saw that commercial last night and wondered if it was a good deal or not.

Back in the 90's I used to deliver Omaha Steaks to people when I drove for Airborne Express. The ones I talked to said the meat was better then what you could buy in the store, but I thought they where too expensive to give them a try.

/ omaha Steaks #4  
Holididay specal adds are listing omaha steaks at $90.00 a box, I'm not much of a steak eater because of missing teeth. Just curioous if a box of steaks, burgers and chicken breast are worth it.

mark
I can't imagine it being worth it. What they call steaks isn't what I call a steak. Looking at their website, most of their steaks are about 6 oz. fillets are 5 oz. New York strips are 10 oz. Their ribeye's are $40/#!

/ omaha Steaks #5  
My wife received a gift certificate for them several years ago. We picked out what we wanted and ordered. Everything we ordered was good. We thought they were way too expensive VS our local options, but they were still good, and we got them for free, soooo... :)

/ omaha Steaks #7  
I have had these given to me in the past as gifts. The steaks are not the highest quality and size is small for a normal guy. The other things included beside the steaks you may or may not find worth eating. I would have to say the price is very high for what you get.

There are some custom steak online order shops. Be prepared to clutch your wallet though when you look at the prices for Prime dry aged beef.

/ omaha Steaks #8  
I received some from my boss years ago, good steaks but turns out I'm a family of four by their estimations.

/ omaha Steaks #9  
If you think Omaha steaks are expensive, wait until you see what Kansas City steak company charges. Or if that is not enough, go see what Snakeriver farms charges.

I always love this time of year. I get a lot of corporate gifts and they always give out the best.

/ omaha Steaks #10  
My dad ordered them years ago, I’m talking the 1970’s, and I always thought the meat was pretty exceptional. Since he was paying the price was exceptional too.