omaha Steaks

/ omaha Steaks #32  
If your not shipping; take a look at Barn2Door. Lot of local farms, and my experience has been its pretty simple, and the farm I buy from has excellent beef. When I mentioned it to my sisters husband, he mentioned, it sounds kinda hipster-avacado toast, website. Maybe, but the guy I buy from is a small-medium cattle farmer, who also does guided hunts, so not hipster at all.

/ omaha Steaks #33  
A cousin sends my 97yo box of Omaha steaks every Christmas. I'm thinking it's grain lot beef, not like local grass fed.

/ omaha Steaks #35  
A cousin sends my 97yo box of Omaha steaks every Christmas. I'm thinking it's grain lot beef, not like local grass fed.
Yep Fuddy, they will grain them out for a month or two upping the amount weekly . . . not the kind of beef I want to eat.

/ omaha Steaks #36  
Plus if you order from Omaha Steaks, you’ll be stuck with the styrofoam shipping container in your basement for the rest of your life…….
We use them a couple times in the back of the side by side trail riding and then throw them away.

/ omaha Steaks #37  
If your not shipping; take a look at Barn2Door. Lot of local farms, and my experience has been its pretty simple, and the farm I buy from has excellent beef. ...
I looked at their website, but all I see is information on joining them to sell stuff. I don't see anything on who is selling beef in my area.

/ omaha Steaks #39  
I looked at their website, but all I see is information on joining them to sell stuff. I don't see anything on who is selling beef in my area.
I guess now they make you imput a name and email prior to being able to search. If you do that, you can search 50 mile radius around your zip, and it will list each farm member individually.

this is the guys I buy from. Just in making this reply, I see there is a Waygu farm selling as well; but $57.60/pound for prime beef....

/ omaha Steaks #40  
lindellhaysales.net

We raise dexters. Sell ground beef in a store. Sell halves and wholes. Can’t grow fast enough. 340 lbs of ground sold out in less than 3 months.

As for Omaha steaks. They are popular. Working at ups loading trucks. Just one after another coming down the belt. Wouldn’t be surprised if it was in the 200’s this week. The white styrofoam is Omaha. They also have a black box.
IMG_1799.jpeg

Here’s one that already started thawing out.

IMG_1761.jpeg