On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be?

/ On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #41  
A stove you got to eat.

/ On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #44  
An AXE ...

I'm with Brin. And a single-cutting edge axe at that. Because then the other side can be used as a hammer.

/ On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #45  
A Swiss army knife. A really big one.

Attachments

• image-2234214616.jpg
    image-2234214616.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 69
   / On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #47  
Actually what I have is a "pick maddock[sic]"...

Around here if you don't have a machine and you need to dig a hole (even a shallow one) a shovel is worthless except for removing the spoil left from the mattock...

45 years ago when I first started working on our road I wanted to put in a culvert where a spring crosses...The local man that sold us the property loaned me a mattock and told me to be careful...that there was a lot of one footed (mattock) operators after using one...

I have one hand tool that I use more than any other (including hammers and screwdrivers)...it a short handled pick mattock...would be lost without it (I do have a spare)...
The Spelling is probably the Pronounciation of the Word by the different dialects in certain regions. Like calling a paper bag - a POKE;etc.

/ On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #48  
Great for those annoying Zombies too. I like to hit them hard right where the spine joins the pelvis. You want to have both feet at shoulder width, firmly planted, sort of like splitting an oak log.
Once they loose that structural integrity they just squirm around on the ground looking helpless. It's really hilarious, try it when you get the chance. :thumbsup::number1:
I knew that they had multiple uses, but YOU just gave me another use.

/ On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #49  
Thinking about this philosophical question, I ran into the conundrum of what if the man had no wife or woman had no mate. This could cause dire consequences, so I had to rethink the question. It would come down to two simple objects: a shovel or an ink pen! I will endeavor to show you the wisdom (or lack of) of my two sterling choices.

If you are of the sort that some of you claim to be, that you don't trust banks, then pay attention. You must have a shovel to dig deep enough to bury your Blue Mason jars full of money, empty the moonshine first and it will hold more. The shovel makes it handy to retrieve said jars when the tractor needs an air ride seat or a spinner knob, nothing impresses the ladies or the men like a new John Deere spinner knob. The shovel is useful for other things like picking up roadkill for supper.

Now to the pen, if you dislike the physical aspect of the aforementioned shovel, the pen is for you. You can use that pen to sign your life away for that 60 acres you been wanting, hard to sign a contract with a shovel, possible but not probable. You can use the same pen to buy tractors (with spinner knobs pre-installed). You can also use the pen to draw a treasure map of the Mason jars if you have converted from the shovel to the pen.

The pen also has numerous other uses, do it yourself tatoos, fake beards and moustaches for Halloween. Use the pen to prop your truck hood open for better cooling on hot days, self defense-getting jabbed by an ink pen can be eye opener or closer. One last thing about the pen, say you meet someone who might like to plant taters with you sometime, use the pen to write their phone number on your hand or arm (this is considerably harder to do if you are the shovel type).

BTW maybe you can't kill something with a stove but you could sure use the stove poker to do the job.
No alcohol was consumed while constructing this illustrious opinion.

/ On the farm, if you had only one tool what would it be? #50