One less Kubota

/ One less Kubota #1  

Robert_in_NY

Tractor
Case-IH Farmall 45A, Kubota M8540 Narrow, New Holland TN 65, Bobcat 331, Ford 1920, 1952 John Deere M, Allis Chalmers B, Bombardier Traxter XT, Massey Harris 81RC and a John Deere 3300 combine, Cub Cadet GT1554
A local guy here split his Kubota in half using a backhoe with no sub-frame on it. The guy has a machine shop that we do work for and he decided he didn't need the subframe and it broke thru the engine casting as I was told. I think it was a 3010 but can't remember since I only seen it a few time but he bought a brand new one with a subframe this time. Just a reminder for everybody that thinks about using backhoes on tractors with no subframe. Have a good one.

<font color=blue>Robert Turk Jr.</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Whitetail Splendor Deer Farms</font color=blue>
<font color=blue>Silver Creek, NY</font color=blue>

/ One less Kubota #2  
What a good waste..yikes. /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif
Wonder if he going to part out the tractor,for there are website looking.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ One less Kubota #3  
Too bad he didn't know about TBN, eh? He'd have known better...

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif

/ One less Kubota
He was advised about the subframe by his top mechanic at the plant. I do not know if the salesman that sold the backhoe told him about the subframe or not but he should have know better after his mechanic mentioned it as it is common sense that too much stress on a tractor is not a good thing. The good thing that came out of this for him is he now has a subframe and some more experience.

/ One less Kubota #5  
Free advice is sometimes worth what you pay for it, but education by means of experience is almost always very expensive. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif

/ One less Kubota #7  
Not at all, James, but I'm sure someone else has expressed the same thought more succintly. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

MarkC
ChalkleySig4.gif

/ One less Kubota #8  
I would LOVE to know details about what the BH model was and how it was attached? I've always argued that this is a non-problem PROVIDED THE 3PH BACKHOE IS RIGGED ACCORDING TO MFG SPECS.

Any chance of getting details?

/ One less Kubota
I can try to learn more but mfg of tractors want the subframe on the tractor to prevent stress on vunerable parts. He didn't use the subframe and bad things happened to him. I will see if I can learn more of get some pics.

/ One less Kubota #10  
i cringe just thinking about a broken in half tractor/w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif would love to see pics. if possible. and Robert just up rt.20 from u in Derby.
Frank