One less Kubota

/ One less Kubota #21  
A local guy here saw Bigfoot in the forest. A friend of my cousin told me. Reports of hoe-broken tractors seem to be like reports of Bigfoot: it's always some other guy who saw the phenomenon.

I dont believe there is any significant risk of damage to a tractor from a 3ph hoe if it is properly sized to the tractor and properly used. Anybody can damage anything through abuse or neglect or stupidity.

/ One less Kubota #22  
Hayden,

Thanks for the specific information. After I got your post I went out and took the BH off the tractor. Luckily it only has 7/10 of an hour and I didn’t use it yet. I am very disappointed in my local dealer. He was indignant when I was asking for a reinforced ear mount and said he looked it up and that none was required! My manual for the 4690 bh is Rev 4/98 and proceeds the L3010 ( no mention of it). THAT’S WHY I ASKED HIM TO FIND OUT FROM KOBUTA! I have the parts being shipped from the Kubota experts at Carver Equipment. I wish time and distance allowed me to purchase again from Carver, they make my local dealer look comatose.

Glen

/ One less Kubota #23  
You know I've heard this story several times now, but I've never heard it first hand from the person involved, or seen it personally. I'm going to file this in the "Kubota legends" file until I actually see one.

BTW - You can break the casting on the top link of the 3PH unless you use the heavy-duty attach brackets. I think these are required for BH use.

The GlueGuy

/ One less Kubota #24  
GOOD CALL, GlueGuy and Glennmac......... Always hear the stories, never saw the movie. They did not read the book.

/ One less Kubota #25  
GlenM,

After you are able to install all of the necessary parts that Carver is sending to you, it might be wise to educate your first dealer (if you have the time, of course). Show your first dealer what the completed assemblies look like. Even showing him/her the revised manuals would reinforce the information.

No sense in allowing that dealer to pass around bad information.

/ One less Kubota #26  
Robert, I have sold several (probably in the triple digits) grand L series tractors, a good many with backhoes attached. I would guess about 75% are Kubota hoes, a few are Bush Hog, a couple Kelly's and a Long, maybe 3 or 4 are subframe mounted. I have NEVER had a tractor break like that. On thr rare occasion that something does break, it is usually the top link bracket, and has to my knowledge, alyways been the result of not having the hoe peoperly attached/adjusted. We are a dealership that thrives on quality and service, not price, so if we weren't sure of what we were selling, we simply wouldn't sell it. I don't doubt that someone found a way to do this, but I would certainly not look upon this as a reflection on Kubota quality, or 3pt hitch mounted hoes in general. Pete

/ One less Kubota
It was not meant to be a shot at Kubota, only that it can happen, I have seen pics of NH's and JD's that have broke but can not find them now. I do not know what size hoe he had on this Kubota but it split thru the engine block which is a first that I have ever heard about.

/ One less Kubota #28  
Robert, I forgot to mention; are you the guy with the real nice Farmalls pulling your xmas tree customers? They are real nice tractors! We are currently doing a Super C and a Super H with a Super M waiting in the wings. We have a JD 70 and a Ford 2N which are done, and an Allis D 10 waiting too. We are in Apalachin, NY, do you pull? Pete

/ One less Kubota
No, I have nothing to do with christmas trees and do not own any Farmalls. I haven't entered any pulls because I am quite busy and never know if I can make it for sure but I usually try to attend the tractors pulls for part of the day. I have a friend who is selling his JD 830 with duals for $5k, I am thinking about buying it but have no room for it till next summer. If I get the 830 I will probally start pulling at a couple of the area pulls for fun. I do like the old Allis D 10's as they are getting hard to find and expensive to restore, a local vegetable farm has one here that is hooked to his NH spreader and I have thought about asking about it but fear he will say yes to my offer then I will have to part with some money meant for elsewhere so I will wait. Are you planning on pulling the Super M when you get it done as they do quite well in the pulls.

/ One less Kubota #30  
Pete,
What year would the Super M be, and is it a narrow or wide front end?
My three favorties are..
1.1952 Super MDV High Crop /w3tcompact/icons/love.gif
2.1952 Super MV high Crop /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif
3.1952 Super MD /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif
Sure would like to own one of these beauties one day. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif