Ontario Winters

/ Ontario Winters #21  
CHAINS: Just my opinion but food for thought;

Most CUTs 4 x 4's are basically front wheel assist rather than full time 4 wheel drive meaning you really want most of the work done by the bigger rear wheels. (just have a look at the size of the components involved)

That being said, I'd put chains only on the rear tires as I do believe that front only chains could seriously damage costly components.
True that rear chains cost a heck of a lot more, but price out a front crown and pinion set and you'll get my drift.
(and don't ask why I know this)

/ Ontario Winters #22  
CHAINS: Just my opinion but food for thought;

Most CUTs 4 x 4's are basically front wheel assist rather than full time 4 wheel drive meaning you really want most of the work done by the bigger rear wheels. (just have a look at the size of the components involved)

That being said, I'd put chains only on the rear tires as I do believe that front only chains could seriously damage costly components.
True that rear chains cost a heck of a lot more, but price out a front crown and pinion set and you'll get my drift.
(and don't ask why I know this)

yes, this issue has been debated a lot on TBN but many very experienced Kubota tractor owners would disagree with you. Hayden for one and now me given my experience with having chains on the front and back tires last winter.