Opinions Wanted!

/ Opinions Wanted! #11  
I don't recall saying the engine should be "shoehorned" in the tractor. I was merely stating the tractor would be nice with more hp. However, for it's size the tractor does a fine job. One consideration for me when I purchased my Kiotis was value for the money. Without straying too far from the original question, the value I received for the price of a kioti sold this tractor over competitive models and I have had no regrets. Also, my hydro was sluggish on my ck20 when I first purchased it but it got substantially better after break in.

/ Opinions Wanted! #12  
<font color="red"> I don't recall saying the engine should be "shoehorned" in the tractor.

</font> <font color="blue"> I wholeheartedly agree the ck20 should be a 25 hp tractor in a ck20 frame. </font>

These are your words that Bob was referring to. A lot of people really like or love the CK20 but feel that it should have a bit larger (more HP) under the hood. Gerard

/ Opinions Wanted! #13  
Now as for your observation that a 25hp engine should be shoehorned under the hood of the CK20, <font color="blue"> </font>
I am merely referring to the term "Shoehorned". This to me sounds like jamming a 25 hp into a 20 hp slot. However I will stand by my original statement that 5 more hp would be ideal knowing Kioti would ensure a good fit.

/ Opinions Wanted! #14  
<font color="blue"> Shoehorned..... This to me sounds like jamming.... </font>

I believe shoehorned was meant as "slipped in". I'm sure that is what Bob was saying from reading his post. Gerard

/ Opinions Wanted! #15  
<font color="blue">New Holland is upgrading their 21hp to 23hp. They are upgrading their little 24hp to 26hp. </font>

From what I have read here on TBN.......New Hollands horsepower upgrade is just a tweaking of the same engines that are currently in the 21 and 24 horsepower tractors.

Don

/ Opinions Wanted! #16  
Don, I believe you are correct, the upgrade in power is coming from engine tweaking. Is that a problem? If the base engine is sound, it can be enhanced to produce more HP. Honda, Toyota, Ford, GM, Daimler-Chrylser, BMW and even Ferrari do it all the time with their car engines.

Personally, I'll take 2 extra hp whenever I can get it. It would allow for a 72" mower deck on a tractor the size of a CK20, I wouldn't mind getting the lawn mowing done quicker!!! Powering a bigger tiller, sure that is another wonderful option. A 5' rotary cutter on a small tractor, sounds good to me too. Heck, I may have to trade in my TC24 for a TC26 . . . let's see, the lovely Mrs_Bob should be going out of town sometime in the spring of '05 /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Opinions Wanted! #17  
<font color="blue">Heck, I may have to trade in my TC24 for a TC26 . . . </font>

You'll have to check this out, but I believe, I read the higher horsepower is measured at a higher RPM. So you could probably just increase your throttle and have similar results.

Don

/ Opinions Wanted! #18  
Mr. Killowat, there has been some real good advice on the ck 20 hst on this thread.

As a dealer, I have sold many of the 20 HST and standard versions of this small machine. No one here, as of yet, has complained about no power in the high side of the transmission. I personally am verry impressed with what that small of a machine will do in the low side... F.E.L. work, disking, mowing, blade work, ease of operation, ease of getting on and off the machine, pulling, back hoe work, manuverability, on and on and on. LOW SIDE

Perhaps a person could relate this machine to the thread about "the perfect truck". I have put a few post on this subject.. The bottom line is on the pickup, is I need a small truck, not a big pickup. Same thing on the CK 20 HST. It does what it supposed to do verry well.

Not, let me offer my opinion about the high side of the transmission... It's too darn high.. its too darn fast to do a lot of WORK. I do much better quality work in the low side of ANY tractor.

Bang for the buck, The CK 20 is an excelant chioce. It will not do what a 35 hp machine will do.

OK, now my head is out there on the choppin block, someone go ahead and drop the ax.

virgil

/ Opinions Wanted! #19  
Virgil,

Thanks for your honesty.

I agree that I have high expectations that likely will never be reached. I am used to setting goals higher than can realistically be obtained. Don't take that out of context and use it against me though.

I want a CK20 that does what a 35 HP machine will do, but I realize that that wish is unreal and would not complain at all when a 21HP tractor did not obtain it.

I have high expectations, but accept reality within reason. I think either you have sold tractors that have not had the problem, or have sold them to people who have not voiced displeasure with because they don't want to think their baby has something wrong. I have progressed through those stages myself. I loaned my tractor out to a friend, he commented that it wouldn't do much. I was embarrased and denied a problem for a long time to my friends, while quietly coming to these forums and asking questions about it.

Even after talking to Kioti John, I am certain this is a bigger problem than people are willing to admit. I would love some help proving or even DIS-proving this.

If you have them on your lot... do the test. Does they struggle with a 2x4 or even not go over them at all? Regardless of voiced problems, if they exhibit the problem, would YOU be satisfied if YOU owned one of these (other than on your lot to sell) if your tractor was this weak? Especially when you know similar tractors from other vendors perform much better?

If you do the test and they perform flawlessly. That is a GOOD thing and I rejoice. There is hope for me. I would gladly salute you for giving me hope in this. But I have yet to hear of ANY CK20HST that has any "guts". Some are more gutless than others (mine). I would LOVE to know of what a CK20HST can really do if the ones you are selling do well. Heck.. I would drive to Texas with mine trailored and show you the problem if yours did much better than mine.

Please answer back on this. You and a couple other dealers could potentially make a big difference in proving or dis-proving this.

Please answer this honestly to me. I'm a big boy and can take it. If this proves to be a problem across all of the CK20HST's (various levels of weakness), do I have any hope of getting it resolved?

/ Opinions Wanted! #20  
Thanks for your answer

As of this time, I'm out of all the CK 20's. Standard and hydro. I will be picking up 4 of them next week. As soon as they are assembled, I WILL do the 2x4 test. I myself would NOT be satisfied if it won't load onto a trailer in high or climb over a 2x4 in high. By the way, I have loaded the HST onto gooseneck trailers for coustomers and they all just got right up on it.

As far as my coustomers bieng reluctant to express their displeasure to me... I don't know about that.. I'm usually the second person to know when there is a problem, or even when a problem is susspected. The first person bieng the owner / operator.