Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #11  
Well....... it's tomorrow and I don't see any info on your new blower and tracks yet. :hissyfit::laughing: Hope it does better than you hoped it wood. Ed
I think he changed plans and is out baling snow. Hmmm, could that work?

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks
I think he changed plans and is out baling snow. Hmmm, could that work?

You know, I've heard that some snooty bar in Manhatten will buy hail stones for a certain martini they're famous for. Why not baled snow, right? You get the market nailed down and I'll get the baling perfected.

Ed, I have chicken chores first, then play.

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #13  
Yea, I know most people have to work at something. I just get impatient some times. :D Hope it works well, and I was just messing around. I didn't think you would be done with your days work at 5:30 Eastern time this morning. Ed

No tracks yet. Wanted to try the blower. It's a freaking beast!
0210161439b.jpg0210161439a.jpg

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #16  
Wow, Looks like it will do the job and then some. How do you like the tracks? Are you glad you got them? Thanks for the pick's and video. Saw the video on the pto driven trailer too. WOW again. There are times I wish I had a two wheeled tractor instead of the massey. Ed

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #17  
I find here in Maine throwing the snow 30 feet away keeps it from drifting back. I also like that you don't end up with snow mountains that last until July.

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #18  
How was the install?

Easy to go on and take off?

Does the ground clearance change?

How is the traction? Turning?

Details man - details! ;-)

Install was less than an hour. It goes together pretty easily, which is good. As typical, the instructions look they were translated from Italian to Mandarin to Hebrew, back to Italian, and finally English.

They should be relatively easy to change back and forth to wheels, but I wouldn't want to do it everyday.

Ground clearance is, unfortunately, lower versus 5X10 tires. Much lower versus my 27" tall tires. Hopefully, the fact that they're tracks will help in keeping it unstuck.

Traction is excellent for what I've done so far. Turning might be slightly harder, but it wasn't an issue for me. Working turning brakes make it a non-issue.

My biggest gripe is the fact that their anti-roll bracket ties up the trailer hitch. I could still use it, but it'll be more difficult. The other style of mounting has a bracket that attaches to the studs between the transmission and engine. That may be an issue with battery placement. Doesn't matter, as Joel only brought in the style that attaches to the hitch.

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #20  
Darn - I wonder if I should order the triangular style tracks as it looks like they would place the axle up higher.

Steel-Low-speed-Rubber-High-speed-Rubber-tracks.jpg

In my woods ground clearance is as likely to get me stuck as loss of traction would.

OTOH - in my experience, the front of a track has to be able to climb up out of a hole and the round style has a better ramp for that than the triangular style. Also, it would be more likely to be able to climb up over a limb or buried log.

I also wonder how much the metal tracks would tear up pavement. I just spent $20+K having my driveway paved and my share of having the road repaved.