Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #31  
Hi Bill :)

Thank you for your posts, and for sharing your experience with your new tracks and the Berta snow blower with all of us.

For those of you who read and understand Italian, this is the homepage of the producer of these tracks Agrizeta:

HOME - Agrizeta

If you are looking for more speed and ground clearance, these Canadian tracks from TJD might be the answer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O0YVjLICEBU

This is the homepage of the Canadian BCS-dealer Thivierge, who have converted the tracks - normally intended for ATVs - to the BCS:

Home | Thivierge.ca

Sadly, I have not been able to find any information on the tracks on that page. It would be interesting to hear from members who have experience with these tracks too.

The TJD tracks works with the Berta snow blower as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44KQnz_MPvo

or with a plow:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_luZArCjWs

They might be the right choice for you CodeMonkey, as they seem to climb almost any obstacles in the winter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiaG9Pdqm4M

or in the summer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wH63h9yH-lM

Just be careful not to lose your chainsaw on a bumpy forest trail ;)

Best regards

Jens

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks
Hey Jens,

Those other tracks are nice - they're wider and they offer more clearance, but they're also over $2500 plus shipping. They adapt them from 4 wheeler tracks, so they are very durable for use on a two wheel tractor. I'd love to have a set were it not for the cost.

Hey Codemonkey,

If you can handle the half speed of the gear-reduction tracks, I recommend the rubber ones. These are great for blowing snow, but I'm not as in love with them for clearance with the power barrow. I ended up having to push it through in some spots. The engine drags in deep snow, and that is a big issue. I'm gonna take the wheels off the barrow and mount skis of a junk snowmobile. That should lower the barrow and raise the engine.

Hey Leon,

You could buy a Berta....

power barrow & tracks.jpg power barrow & tracks2.jpg

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #33  
Yes - clearance is a big deal for me. I often hang up the engine when trying to move the tractor and flail mower through the woods. If there is one thing you can say about my woods it is that the ground is very irregular with a lot of depressions and ruts and so on.

1654303_207124796149060_611285862_n.jpg

The ruts have settled down a bit because we ran through the woods with a dozer and an excavator, cleaned up a lot and evened some of ground out a little after the big equipment came in and thinned, but it is still hard to move the tractor through there, and some large areas are still very much of a mess with ruts and limbs and logs laying on the ground.

I got a lot of work done last summer, but it was a struggle doing it, and tracks would help, especially if I don't lose any clearance - more clearance would be better, which is how I stumbled across the tracks.

I thought those tracks from Canada were the ones that caused problems?

Or were those something different?

I have not seen them, but BCS America came out with some tracks in the late 90's that didn't have a very good provision to prevent them from rolling. They caused a lot of stress on the transmission and some housings were broken out. I do not know much about how the Thivierge tracks prevent rolling.

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #35  
With that much ground clearance on the Thivierge tracks, I would have to wonder if my flail mower would be too far up to work properly?

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #36  
With that much ground clearance on the Thivierge tracks, I would have to wonder if my flail mower would be too far up to work properly?

I read somewhere that a pto extension would help with this situation, but I can't find where I read that. Maybe it was a dream. I have the same problem as you, I'm going to get taller tires/wheels.

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #37  
I think the Agrizeta tracks with 2 more inches of axle height would be about right for my purposes.

When I sell this property and get another, I may get another tractor - probably a larger diesel powered one. If so then I may consider the larger tracks.

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #38  
FBB - any more feedback on the tracks?

Haven't had a chance to use them lately. I'm building a 40 by 80 shed right now. Also looking for a window to seed down 30 acres of spring wheat and alfalfa.

0407161138.jpg

/ Ordered a Berta two stage blower and a set of tracks #40  
well get that shed built and get out there and use them tracks! :muttering:

Seriously, I've been doing a bit of brush clearing and it getting the tractor stuck and thinking about how much easier and better the job will go with tracks. Working up to ordering them.