Ordered a new BX1860 today

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #12  
1*nothing really wrong with my 2230,
2* but it had a few annoyances like creeping forward and reverse, hard to get into 4X4, poor loader performance at idle, light switches not working when wet, etc.....
3*hey, I'm just doing my part to keep the economy afloat! LOL
1*I love my BX23.
2*Haven't had any of this with the BX23.
I would not give it up so i kept it when I Got the 2 BX1500s in Nov.of 2007.
3*I already done my part here.http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/1378422-post10.html

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today
Picked up my new BX1860 today....nice little machine :)

Sure love that new tractor smell. Didn't have time to do much today except wash the salt spray off it (freezing rain storm and nasty roads here today) and then mount up my old rear blade. Ran out of daylight before I could snap some pics, so here is a couple in the garage. I'll get some better ones as soon as we get a sunny day.

Here are my initial observations after just an hr or so of playing:

Low idle hydraulic action (loader) are dramatically improved.
No jerkyness when letting off the for or rev pedal
3-point pivot is relocated and lift is greatly improved. I think my rear blade goes a foot higher!
Seat is much more cushy and comfy
Built in loader joystick is out of the way, yet in the right spot for you hand
Seat belt location is a nice improvement
Turns much sharper then my BX2230 did
Shifts into 4X4 much easier

I'll give more feedback once I get some serious seat time on it.

Attachments

• Kubota BX1860 Dec 2008 006.jpg
    Kubota BX1860 Dec 2008 006.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 816
  • Kubota BX1860 Dec 2008 003.jpg
    Kubota BX1860 Dec 2008 003.jpg
    407.4 KB · Views: 602
  • Kubota BX1860 Dec 2008 002.jpg
    Kubota BX1860 Dec 2008 002.jpg
    421.3 KB · Views: 513
   / Ordered a new BX1860 today #15  
Just seeing the pictures makes me ready to break down and order mine. Please post more pics I'm ready to see them already.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #16  
Congrats.
I Like the ag tires.
I was going to maybe get a BX1850 but wound up with 2 BX1500s instead.
One has ag tires and the other one has turfs.
Picked up my new BX1860 today....nice little machine :)

Sure love that new tractor smell. Didn't have time to do much today except wash the salt spray off it (freezing rain storm and nasty roads here today) and then mount up my old rear blade. Ran out of daylight before I could snap some pics, so here is a couple in the garage. I'll get some better ones as soon as we get a sunny day.

Here are my initial observations after just an hr or so of playing:

Low idle hydraulic action (loader) are dramatically improved.
No jerkyness when letting off the for or rev pedal
3-point pivot is relocated and lift is greatly improved. I think my rear blade goes a foot higher!
Seat is much more cushy and comfy
Built in loader joystick is out of the way, yet in the right spot for you hand
Seat belt location is a nice improvement
Turns much sharper then my BX2230 did
Shifts into 4X4 much easier

I'll give more feedback once I get some serious seat time on it.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today
Just seeing the pictures makes me ready to break down and order mine. Please post more pics I'm ready to see them already.

Do it, you won't be sorry :)

I'll get more pics asap, but it might be this weekend....its still a little dark when I go to work and already dark when I get off work....

Yep, the AG Tires are a must! I was happy to see that my dealer installed them for me instead of the Turfs....they knew I would be moving snow, but I had forget to request that....they also gave it a quick coat of wax due to the salty roads today.....Good guys there!!

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #18  
What the towing capability with new bx 1860

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #19  
What the towing capability with new bx 1860

Same as the other BX's I believe - book says about 1,800 lbs, but I'm sure it will tow a lot more in low gear 4WD as long as the tongue weight is not too much. I towed my wife's car up our driveway years ago with the wheel horse fine, so I don't know why they rate these machines so low for towing.

Bandaman, looks shinier than when mine arrived two weeks ago. It's dirty now and will stay that way until Spring given the low temps here. Congratulations!

Edit: - Need to change my avatar at some point.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #20  
Congrats folks on the new toys. You'll enjoy them. Giving me the itch now. I'm real happy with the BX22 TLB that I have so don't need an upgrade. I am thiinking about a new RTV500 though.