Ordered a new BX1860 today

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #32  
roadkill95
come on, - lb59

your're slipping! the bx1850 is both smaller in engine & tire/wheel size than the bx2360. however they are both built on the same platform/frame.
shrekbelly

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #33  
The 1860 also has a shorter wheelbase so I think calling it a smaller tractor is accurate.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #34  
Well, this is my first day here, because Yesterday I ordered my BX1860 at 8:30am and it was delivered to my driveway by 3:30pm. I got the 50 inch snow blower and 48 inch mower. I played with it for about an hour and a half moving old snow that has fallen off the tin roof all winter. Amazed at what that blower will do. I LOVE my new "snow Blower". Now the quest for attachments begins !!!

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #35  
Same as the other BX's I believe - book says about 1,800 lbs, but I'm sure it will tow a lot more in low gear 4WD as long as the tongue weight is not too much. I towed my wife's car up our driveway years ago with the wheel horse fine, so I don't know why they rate these machines so low for towing.

Bandaman, looks shinier than when mine arrived two weeks ago. It's dirty now and will stay that way until Spring given the low temps here. Congratulations!

Edit: - Need to change my avatar at some point.

Who do you deal with in CT? I haven't found a dealer I'm real happy with yet.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #36  
Who do you deal with in CT? I haven't found a dealer I'm real happy with yet.

I shopped at Midstate tractor in Middletown and Kahn's Tractor in North Franklin. Ended up buying from Kahn's as they had a new in crate 1860. I liked both places - been going to Midstate for years for wheel horse and stihl parts. Pricing was almost exactly the same. I did check pricing from Barlow's and Carver Equipment and both were considerably lower than local prices. I struggled with whether to buy local or order out of state and save $$ and ended up going local since this is my first sub-CUT and I just needed the extra piece of mind of having a local dealer to call with issues. If I ever upgrade, I'd more seriously consider ordering from out of state if the savings are as substantial.

Where have you been Kubota shopping in CT?

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #37  
I shopped at Midstate tractor in Middletown and Kahn's Tractor in North Franklin. Ended up buying from Kahn's as they had a new in crate 1860. I liked both places - been going to Midstate for years for wheel horse and stihl parts. Pricing was almost exactly the same. I did check pricing from Barlow's and Carver Equipment and both were considerably lower than local prices. I struggled with whether to buy local or order out of state and save $$ and ended up going local since this is my first sub-CUT and I just needed the extra piece of mind of having a local dealer to call with issues. If I ever upgrade, I'd more seriously consider ordering from out of state if the savings are as substantial.

Where have you been Kubota shopping in CT?

Kahn Tractor, I haven't I did go by there on Sunday and walk the lot 1 in the crate and one together in line.
When I was shopping a few months ago they were pretty high, in price so I held off and then economy got worse so I held off.
Now I blew the motor in my wheel horse and its 20 years old so I don't know f I want to spend the money to fix or get a 1860. I often said if my wheel horse was 4 wheel drive had a 3 pt hitch and a loader I would be happy

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #38  
Kahn Tractor, I haven't I did go by there on Sunday and walk the lot 1 in the crate and one together in line.
When I was shopping a few months ago they were pretty high, in price so I held off and then economy got worse so I held off.
Now I blew the motor in my wheel horse and its 20 years old so I don't know f I want to spend the money to fix or get a 1860. I often said if my wheel horse was 4 wheel drive had a 3 pt hitch and a loader I would be happy

RK - My quest that ended in me getting a BX started 18 months ago when I put a bid in on a loader for my wheel horse on ebay. The loader ended up going for over 2K, a lot more than I was willing to spend at the time. I then started looking at the johnny buckets from johnnyproducts.com, but I couldn't get past the issue that the WH is basically a one implement at a time machine. To use the loader or johnny bucket, I'd have to drop the deck. I knew that there'd be lots of times I'd want to use a bucket for a small job but would forgo it if I had to spend 30 minutes swapping implements. I ended up buying a used JD X485 and then found a used FEL for it. Other than being 2WD and not a diesel, it was a sweet machine. Then my job was being eliminated at work so I sold it. Long story short, I found a new position at work and then bought the BX new. After having the JD, I decided diesel and 4WD was a requirement.

Anyway, this is a long way of saying that I was in the same spot as you a while back, except for the blown motor. I love my WH and will probably keep it forever - it's a '93. Someday I'd like to do a restoration on it if I have the time.

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #39  
Hi, I´m new to this forum and just ordered a new BX 1860
It has a 48" standard mower. Can anyone tell me what maximum door width I can get it through? Suspect I need to put in a wider door.
To day I have a John Deer LT160 with mulch deck and it works fantastic even when the hight of the grass is a bit high.
I will get a mulch kit for the BX as well.
gaute

/ Ordered a new BX1860 today #40  
Welcome to TBN

You'd likely have more responses by starting your own thread, rather than tagging onto a thread that's over 3 years old. :)

The side diverter chute alone must add 7-9 inches to the width, I'm guessing. I didn't have a mid mount mower on my BX, let alone a collection system.

Watch the height of the opening to the shop/barn/garage as well. The BX1860 ROPS are quite low, but they do not fold.