Our House

/ Our House
Hi Andy -- It's Lori (of the Fernandina Beach, FL Miranda family). It's so exciting to see the house progress. No matter how long I've been in this business, I *never* get tired of seeing a building go up. Say 'hi' to the family for us...

Glad you could join the forum Lori. In addition to my house pics, you can also get tons of great info about your tractor!! :laughing:

We're very excited too. And tell the hubby that his design on the porch has wowwed everyone who has looked at it. Folks really drool over the porch...me included.

/ Our House #52  
During last summer, while trying to figure out how to get financing for the house, I passed some of the time cleaning up the house seat with my new tractor (FUN!!). At one point, you could have played a tennis match on the house seat it was so smooth! :thumbsup:

Wow beautiful, all the pictures, looks great.

:thumbsup:

/ Our House #53  
Looks great! I have to agree with you about the porch also, I'm drooling over it too! Your home is going to be gorgeous.

/ Our House
Tomorrow we should have the wiring completed. The plumber has begun his work and should be done next week. And the HVAC guy starts his process today. A lot going on! Also, my best friend works for a cable company and he came in last weekend and we ran the entire house for cable and phone.

The windows and doors came this week and the builder is getting those installed now. I'll post some pictures when I can.

/ Our House
Looks great! I have to agree with you about the porch also, I'm drooling over it too! Your home is going to be gorgeous.

I have to give a lot (well, all...)of the credit to my cousin, who is owner of Miranda Architects in Fernandina Beach, FL, for any aesthetic appeal the house may have.

/ Our House #56  
I have to give a lot (well, all...)of the credit to my cousin, who is owner of Miranda Architects in Fernandina Beach, FL, for any aesthetic appeal the house may have.

You should still get at least a little credit...after all, you decided to go with the design and live in it. :D

It is to drool for!:drool: Very beautiful house.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Our House
Some of the doors and windows were delivered last week. We got them from Lowes. A couple of them were broken before they got to the store, so they're being reordered. All in all, everything was okay. One of the steel doors had a nice dent in it and the handle to the sliding glass door had a nice cut in it. Both will be replaced.

Attachments

• Windows.JPG
    Windows.JPG
    84.8 KB · Views: 116
  • Windows2.JPG
    Windows2.JPG
    73.5 KB · Views: 112
   / Our House
Here are some pics of the siding. We planed this down ourselves over the past couple of weeks. I have to say, it's turning out better than I expected! We're already in love with it. I know wood siding can be a pain to keep up, but it is worth it.

Attachments

• siding1.JPG
    siding1.JPG
    81.2 KB · Views: 125
  • siding2.JPG
    siding2.JPG
    77 KB · Views: 132
  • siding3.JPG
    siding3.JPG
    79.9 KB · Views: 127
  • siding4.JPG
    siding4.JPG
    76 KB · Views: 161
   / Our House
Some of the windows and sliding glass door installed...

Attachments

• window3.JPG
    window3.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 101
  • window2.JPG
    window2.JPG
    73.4 KB · Views: 112
  • window1.JPG
    window1.JPG
    70.7 KB · Views: 96
   / Our House
The electrical and plumbing is almost complete...

Attachments

• pl1.JPG
    pl1.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 94
  • pl2.JPG
    pl2.JPG
    524.3 KB · Views: 99
  • pl3.JPG
    pl3.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 96