Our House

/ Our House #61  
It coming along. Must be a good feeling. I have been enjoying your pics.

Don't know if you followed the 'At Home In The Woods' thread by Obed. Back about 6 weeks ago, bunches of members posted things to think about while building a house. If you haven't read those, it may be useful. There were an amazing number of good ideas there.
Dave.

/ Our House
Don't know if you followed the 'At Home In The Woods' thread by Obed. Back about 6 weeks ago, bunches of members posted things to think about while building a house. If you haven't read those, it may be useful. There were an amazing number of good ideas there.
Dave.

Thanks for the tip...I'll check it out. :thumbsup:

/ Our House
Update:

We've got the electrical and plumbing inspected and approved. We plan to install all the wall insulation over the next few days and begin staining the siding. Our HVAC contractor has begun his work also.

I've pretty much completed all the backfill around the basement walls (sorry, no pics yet...). I've left some space around one side and the back side of the house as I plan to put in another perforated drain pipe just below ground level to run my gutter downspouts into. Once the gutter are on, I'll install this pipe and cover it up.

Once we get the insulation in, we'll start on the drywall! Moving right along...

/ Our House #64  
Update:

We've got the electrical and plumbing inspected and approved. We plan to install all the wall insulation over the next few days and begin staining the siding. Our HVAC contractor has begun his work also.

I've pretty much completed all the backfill around the basement walls (sorry, no pics yet...). I've left some space around one side and the back side of the house as I plan to put in another perforated drain pipe just below ground level to run my gutter downspouts into. Once the gutter are on, I'll install this pipe and cover it up.

Once we get the insulation in, we'll start on the drywall! Moving right along...

Why are you going to use perforated drain pipe? Won't that cause a big moisture problem? There is going to be a lot of water coming from those down spouts.

/ Our House
Why are you going to use perforated drain pipe? Won't that cause a big moisture problem? There is going to be a lot of water coming from those down spouts.

You know what, that makes sense. Maybe I should use a solid pipe. But it would seem that most all of the water will run through the pipe and out the end as opposed to through the perforations. But undoubtedly some will. I might have to rethink this...

/ Our House
Some pics of the siding in progress. The 2nd pic is of the scaffolding we had to build in order to get up on the high side. That peak is probably about 30' off the ground. The 3rd and 4th pics are of us spraying the siding with clorox water prior to staining. Unfortunately, we didn't around to actually staining that day and still haven't. The weather isn't cooperating. It has to be above 50 degrees for at least 48 hours after staining...

Attachments

• Siding01.JPG
    Siding01.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 99
  • Siding02.JPG
    Siding02.JPG
    73.2 KB · Views: 89
  • Siding03.JPG
    Siding03.JPG
    76.3 KB · Views: 108
  • Siding04.JPG
    Siding04.JPG
    58.8 KB · Views: 108
   / Our House
A shot of the back of the house after I didn't some initial grade work. The others are of plumbing and electrical work. The 4th pic is in the basement. There will be a drop ceiling to cover it all.

Attachments

• plumb3.JPG
    plumb3.JPG
    62.4 KB · Views: 85
  • plumb2.JPG
    plumb2.JPG
    67.8 KB · Views: 70
  • plumb1.JPG
    plumb1.JPG
    65.5 KB · Views: 66
  • excav01.JPG
    excav01.JPG
    81 KB · Views: 92
   / Our House
Pic 1 is of the siding going up on the gable end. Pic 2 is something we've done a lot of...cleaning up. I don't know how we'll ever get all the dust out of the place, and we've only just begun the drywall. Pics 3 and 4 are of the drywall delivery. It was a rainy day, but we got it in with no issues. The boom truck helped a lot!

Attachments

• sr2.JPG
    sr2.JPG
    74.4 KB · Views: 92
  • sr1.JPG
    sr1.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 118
  • clean1.JPG
    clean1.JPG
    69.7 KB · Views: 92
  • siding1.JPG
    siding1.JPG
    68.6 KB · Views: 89
   / Our House
Insulation going up. All of that is done now. The drywall contractors on the job hanging some up. Siding on the back and the high end of the house is done.

Attachments

• insul1.JPG
    insul1.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 78
  • sr1.JPG
    sr1.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 108
  • siding1.JPG
    siding1.JPG
    69.2 KB · Views: 85
  • siding2.JPG
    siding2.JPG
    75.7 KB · Views: 89
   / Our House

Going to go with a solid pipe instead. Thanks for the tip!