Over Confidence and Power Tools.

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #11  
These stories scare the shizz outta me, especially because I'm a "hold my beer" kinda guy way too often, I just can't help myself. Something is gonna get me one of these days, I'm sure.

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #12  
I assure you of one thing. You can be really careful, but IT will come out of nowhere to get ya.

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #13  
Good lesson for all. Thank you for sharing it. I think working when tired and anxious to complete the task comes into play far too often, too.

Yes, thanks for the reminder. We have all been there, That urge to work for just a little longer when fatigued, and lets make one more cut or whatever, when our common sense say we should not.

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #14  
We live in an ERA where slow and easy, just doesn't exist any more. It's all got to get done by yesterday.

Terrible, when one minute all is relatively well, and the next, not so much. I find it hard to concentrate on a task at hand. Last thing I did to sustain injury was using old deck screws for a temporary project and an old Robertson (square) bit. Pushed on it with all my weight, to compensate for the wear. Slipped off, only to find my thumb resting on the wood right there to take the hit! The pain, just about made me faint!

I love the Canadian Robertson screws.
I have a good stock, since I sold my place in Nova Scotia.
They have yet to catch on in parts of the USA.
Phillips heads are dinosaurs!

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #15  
I love the Canadian Robertson screws.
I have a good stock, since I sold my place in Nova Scotia.
They have yet to catch on in parts of the USA.
Phillips heads are dinosaurs!
GEK Star head screws are my ‘go to Fastners’ these days.
A little more expensive but worth every penny.
I keep a good inventory of 1 1/4” through 4” on hand all the time.

B. John

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #16  
I wish I was, for some reason I was more afraid of going to the emergency room and catching COVID at the time. probably shock? Its doing ok, neosporin every day and new bandages every evening. Doesnt hurt 98% of the time and I still have feeling in the finger tip....but my tongue still bother me alot....today its better.

Thanks for the well wishes everyone.
some possibilities are gangrene, which can kill you, infection, which can kill you, and if you have cut tendons, loss of use of those fingers. I have a friend that lost the use of one finger from a folding knife while fishing decades ago..

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #17  
GEK Star head screws are my ‘go to Fastners’ these days.
A little more expensive but worth every penny.
I keep a good inventory of 1 1/4” through 4” on hand all the time.

B. John
I've had those strip out the driver many times, I think the square drive(Robertson) screws last longer without stripping out the driver!..

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #18  
I've had those strip out the driver many times, I think the square drive(Robertson) screws last longer without stripping out the driver!..

I haven’t had good luck with the square screws. The square screws strip worse. I’ve had far better luck with the torx screws.

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #19  
We have all either experienced unfortunate circumstances or have heard/witnessed them. I worked for a company where they were an every-day occurrence. The company manufactured LARGE air handling units. Cuts, scrapes, gouges, laceration & falls were seen every day.

We used large magnetic based drills. We were told - "NEVER wear gloves when using these drills". A young buck forgot and got his hand wrapped around the chuck - he was wearing leather gloves. The pain was so bad - he passed out. However - this was only the beginning. Before anybody, with knowledge, could get there to assist....... Another fellow had the answer. Put the drill in reverse - tap the trigger. The poor kid went into shock as the drill reversed and his hand wrapped up on the chuck in the reverse direction.

A WHOLE LOT of folks learned, that day, that the young are NOT immortal.

Personally - it's always when I get in a hurry or continue to work when tired.

/ Over Confidence and Power Tools. #20  
Cold weather and hands always remind you which fingers you injured, often so long ago.