Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #91  
I have yet to pick up the Robin muffler but plan to at a later date, in the meantime I want to wrap the stock exhaust. DEI products seem to have good reviews : https://www.designengineering.com/c...wrap-kits/titanium-exhaust-wrap-lr-technology

Has anybody used this or something similar? Wondering how it holds up over time and how effective it may be. Took some temps last night after mowing grass for about an hour and the tub was showing around 240-260F while the muffler/exhaust pipe was around 600. I have been running a side exhaust fan pulling hot air out of the tub.

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #92  
I have yet to pick up the Robin muffler but plan to at a later date, in the meantime I want to wrap the stock exhaust. DEI products seem to have good reviews : https://www.designengineering.com/c...wrap-kits/titanium-exhaust-wrap-lr-technology

Has anybody used this or something similar? Wondering how it holds up over time and how effective it may be. Took some temps last night after mowing grass for about an hour and the tub was showing around 240-260F while the muffler/exhaust pipe was around 600. I have been running a side exhaust fan pulling hot air out of the tub.
Going into the third year with this product. I put the high temp black paint on it in the theory that it would be of some use. It looks the same as when i put it on, except for the dust on it. I thought there was noticeably less radiant heat coming off the wrapped portion.

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #93  
I put the DEI wrap on mine. Make sure you get the high temp spray to paint it with. It is important to seal the fiberglass tape so it doesn't ever absorb oil, act as a wick, and catch on fire (damhik, but I now carry a fire extinguisher with me).

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #94  
I put the DEI wrap on mine. Make sure you get the high temp spray to paint it with. It is important to seal the fiberglass tape so it doesn't ever absorb oil, act as a wick, and catch on fire (damhik, but I now carry a fire extinguisher with me).
Well there you go, i guess there is a good reason to paint the wrap. :)

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #95  
When I was building classic cars, we would have the headers powder coated in ceramic. It really worked well in dissipating heat from the engine.

https://www.powderbuythepound.com/Ceramic_Exhaust_Coatings/

It was amazing the heat reduction. Tape never worked very well but that is because I am lazy.

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #96  
   / Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #97  

Good point! Just ordered the wrap, paint and sleeve for the fuel line.

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #99  
Got around to wrapping the manifold. I thought I had enough to also wrap the muffler but I'm a few feet short! Does anybody have any left over they can part with, be happy to send $$ to cover postage etc. I just don't want to order another 15' just for the muffler. If this rain will ever stop I hope to get her out today and take some new temps.

/ Overheated Robin EH72-FI (28 hp) in PT-425 solved #100  
It seems to me, since your muffler is outside of the engine compartment, that wrapping it would have little benefit.