Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!!

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
I just got this email from someone who states he is in Finland. Got my name off of a UNIMOG EXCHANGE, a site that is for listing trucks and parts. I have two sets of Schmidt plow castor wheels for sale. New they list for over a $1k a set, I'm asking $500 for both sets. Here is the email that I got after sending some photos to BENNY.

I will take the offer, but I will like you to send more detail pics .I would have love to send cash for payment but I have made some cash espenses lately so I don't have enough cash at hand right now, reason beeing that my wife just had our second baby.
Alternatively payment will be coming in a certified cashiers check drawn from a u.s bank which is also as good as cash.I will instruct my client who owe me 4700$ to procure a cashier's check of $4,700 USD with funds remited in your name and send it to you, to make this transaction concluded fast and smoothly. when the check is cashed, I will want you to deduct your payment which is $500 for the 2 and I will require you to wire the difference/remainder to my shipping agent company via western union to ensure them to come for the pick up at your Location alonside my other goods.

For the incovinience of this part of the transaction I am giving you $.100..for any expenses it might cost you in wiring the remainder of my money to my shipping agent company to upset the shipping cost, e.g phone calls and transportation. this exclude the western union charges and the check cashing fees.

In order to get the payment to you my client will reqiure the below information
FULL NAME...........
HOME / STREET ADDRESS....
ZIP CODE......
CITY
PHONE NUMBER(S).......

As soon as this information is provided payment will be made out.

I will be anticipating your repply asap.

Regards and have a great day.

Eng Benny

SO,.......What fun can we have with this scam artist?? /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif I will wait to answer his email so we can have some fun!!! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #2  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( What fun can we have with this scam artist?? )</font>

Let's see ... report him to the FBI? Does that sound like fun? Does to me! /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

I would advise against trying to "fool around" with people like this. There is absolutely zero gain to be had. It will waste your time, and the only beneficial result would be for him to face criminal charges.

But, given the way of the Net and the world, it is unlikely that what he has done so far would engage the international law enforcement community to take action. My .02 cents worth.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #3  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( For the incovinience of this part of the transaction I am giving you $.100..for any expenses it might cost you in wiring the remainder of my money to my shipping agent company to upset the shipping cost, e.g phone calls and transportation. this exclude the western union charges and the check cashing fees.
)</font>

Wow! Is he ever generous! Offering you a whole $0.1 for your expenses and inconvenience! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Maybe you can write him back and ask for his "client's" name and phone number and/or e-mail address so that you can verify with him that he'll be doing all of this with the $4,700. I'd bet Benny wouldn't have the information handy or available! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #4  
Just tell him you can't reveal your personal information because you are an international criminal who has turned state's evidence, and you are in a witness protection program. Then, tell him that if his client is so eager to send a $4700 cashier's check, they can just pay it into your PayPal account. You can hint that since you have turned into a stool pigeon, you have turned over a new leaf and probably won't just keep all of his money.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #6  
I agree with Hakim on this one, but if you really want to respond to him you could tell him you can wait to sell them and have his client send him the money and then he can send you the cash. Or you could tell him that you will need to make sure the cashier's check is good because there is a scam going around!!!!!!

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #7  
I would tell him sounds fine with me. Then after you receive the check email him back telling him you will close the deal after the check clears. Meanwhile, you give the FBI this cashiers check and hope they can find him.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #8  
I wonder if he is related to this guy...
always amazes me though how someone could get fooled by this.... First if he sent my note off to a customer he should have all the details they were provided in the ad... including the photo.... 2nd the website is a farce.. It's geo cites and it's under construction... Even better he sent me three copies of the email from 3 different email addresses all of them more or less bogus sites....

anybody want to call collect and see whos home...

</font><font color="blue" class="small">(
Subject: Reply To Your Ad at the Bikerbuys.com - Motorcycle Classifieds
X-UID: 95
Content-Length: 783
X-Keywords:
Dear Sir/Madam
I am Mark David a sale agent located in Uk,I will
like to purchase your bike,I saw the advert and
forwarded you advert information to a client who
became interested,i will like to know if it is still
available.If it is,please be sure to provide us with
the following informations.
:cost
:Seller's full name
:Seller's full contact address and phone number.
:Condition of the merchadise
/forums/images/graemlins/frown.gifphoto or a prove that its in good shape mandatory).
:If a cashier check is acceptable or do you accept
wire transfer
We will be very hapy if you can provide us with the
adove requested informations.We will also like to
state here that you do not have to bother about the
shipping,that would be handled .My direct number is
Thank you very much
Regards
Mark David. )</font>

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #9  
Hakim's gota be on the right track.

Unless one is very familiar with computers it could get to be a nasty playpen with results most of us can't even began to think of.

Gatorboy may be able to join the fun and games but no way I can.

Egon

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #10  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( anybody want to call collect and see whos home... )</font>

I tried it...the number is not in service.