Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!!

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #12  
I GET AS angry as u do about these scam artist, i think u should send him the $$$$ , then u can invite him over for a cook out and we will all be sure to show up and show him the error of his ways! But the best thing is to ignore it, not much we can do about it and it is a damm shame( i mean darn)

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #13  
Frank:

Your advice is perfect. If everyone ignores the scam no scam can be effected and only the scammer losses out.

Egon

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #14  
I would call the FBI and ask if they would like to setup a sting operation on this creep. That would be my kind of fun.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!!
I emailed are friend back with the offer of him using his charge card to pay for the items.........Gee, I got no reply back! I guess he's just not a motivated buyer! Have to try and email him again.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #16  
Von:

I collect, buy and sell Zippo Lighters all over the world. Some of them are pretty pricey. When I deal with people in Foreign countries and it's mostly Japan and Germany (Iguess they have the most disposable income), I always state that payment must be made in full with a cashiers check, postal money order or direct wire transfer into my account. I also state that on any payment method other than direct wire transfer, there will be a ten day waiting period for the funds to clear. I've gotten some interesting money orders and deposited them into my personal account. I like the japanese ones the best. The folks at my local bank always have to examine them too.

When I make a purchase, I try to use PayPal first. Either that or a direct wire transfer. I guess Zippo collectors are a little more upstanding than other folks.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!!
Ted, I sell antiques to buyers all over the world. I do the same as you. But I only take postal money orders from overseas or they can charge it by emailing the # or calling my antique shop with the info. the reason for the postal MO is that they are hard to fake and they can be cashed at any post office here in the US. My bank charges a fee to cash overseas checks! /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif but not Postal MO's. Got charged $20 for a $48 check once /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif By the way I've got a few Zippo's if you are interested email me. Von

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #18  
I get probably 10 of these a week from the horses I have listed for sale. It's gets pretty annoying to say the least.

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #19  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I get probably 10 of these a week from the horses I have listed for sale. It's gets pretty annoying to say the least. )</font>

Horses???? Does anyone ever buy a horse without seeing it first ?????

"If you give me your checking account number I'll wire the money to your account along with an extra $5,000 to cover shipping the horse to Nigeria" /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Overseas buyer scam, LETS HAVE FUN WITH HIM!! #20  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Horses???? Does anyone ever buy a horse without seeing it first ????? )</font>

I do...... but only a couple of cans at a time.... don't want to spoil the dogs too much.... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif