Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota
Yep which is really sad when you consider that Kubotas are ugly, sparse with features for the money, expensive, and have that horrendous "treadle". The fact that Kubota sells so many tractors proves that:

- Name recognition is a powerful drug
- Orange is a powerful color
Name recognition and color is not why people are buying them. I will tell you what I told the guys over on the LS forum:

"As someone that spent 3 long years researching the tractor and implement market with total objectivity let me share my findings with you. Kubota was not my first, second or third choice. I searched high and low to find a better alternative then Kubota. I talked to every dealer close and far away of every brand and I went and visited every one of them that I could. I even joined some tractor mechanic groups on FB to get a better inside look. After three years of doing this I finally came to the conclusion that Kubota is the market leader. When the opportunity was given to the other brands and dealers to show me that they were superior none of them did and none of them outperformed Kubota. In fact none of them were even as good as Kubota. Kubota was more responsive, more customer friendly, more convenient, more experienced and got the most industry insider endorsements of every brand that I looked at. This was not what I expected nor what I wanted my findings to be but it is the truth. Kubota does not build a perfect tractor but they have the best all around offering for the mass majority of compact tractor buyers."

Kubota does not have strong competitors. All the competitors have very substantial weaknesses that make them less desirable to the majority of buyers. Some markets have been able to overcome those weaknesses with outstanding dealers, locations and pricing but I find it to be the exception not the norm.

I personally wish I had a New Holland dealer in my market as I really liked the Boomer series of tractors and would have given them serious consideration if I did but unfortunately I didn't.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #93  
I personally wish I had a XXXX in my market
That in itself is the issue, not only with tractors and implements but with other low-volume equipment. For example, when I was looking for a new dump trailer, the forum provide many quality and recommended brands, but none of them had a dealer within 300 miles of me. I ended up with a Big Tex and it has been problem free.

Same with tractors, around me I have Kubota, Kioti, and JD. You are lucky to get the time of day from the two JD dealers, one Kioti dealer that seems to be swinging more to ZT mowers, and then the one mom-and-pop shop with the Kubotas. If I want any of the Kubota construction equipment like a skid steer or excavator, I have to travel 71 miles to my north to find a dealer that sells at that level. I'm not in the middle of nowhere, I'm about 40 miles north of Detroit, in bedroom/rural communities.

Sometimes the brands that end up on our properties our chosen for us by availability. Sure, you can travel to pick up a piece of equipment, but then it is the warranty, parts, and service that come into play.

Just an FYI, I own three pieces of Kubota equipment, and all have had zero issues. All I do is perform scheduled maintenance.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #94  
I would have to disagree that Kubota is better than the rest. My experience is limited to John Deere and Kubota. My current tractor is John Deere. I feel lucky I bought it a little over 3 years ago and they shocked me with the deal they offered me. I just assumed JD was priced out of my league. Of course times have changed and discounts are gone.

There are so many tractors manufacturers that give their owners great service it’s just impossible to say one is the best.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #95  
IMO, there is no best. The 'best' unit is the unit that performs your intended tasks the best at the best price with good after the sale service. With me, the dealer is the deciding factor as a bad dealer equals a bad purchase.

There are so many tractors manufacturers that give their owners great service it’s just impossible to say one is the best.
I never said Kubota is the "best". I said, "Kubota has the best all around offering for the mass majority of compact tractor buyers."

IMO, there is no best. The 'best' unit is the unit that performs your intended tasks the best at the best price with good after the sale service. With me, the dealer is the deciding factor as a bad dealer equals a bad purchase.
I agree with that. I realized recently that the thinking has to shift from who is the "best" to who owns and controls the market. Best is subjective, market domination is objective.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #98  
Actually, the BEST tractor is one you can use whenever you want to and not have to pay for and not maintain either. Brand is not important at all.

Actually, the BEST tractor is one you can use whenever you want to and not have to pay for and not maintain either. Brand is not important at all.
If you ever find such a tractor let me know. I don't know of any that you don't have to maintain.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #100  
Actually there are some. renting one from an outfit like Black Swamp or Herc Rentals, no upkeep involved and they come full of fuel too. I always rent excavators when I have to dig something. Get mine from Black Swamp Rentals. They deliver it and pick it up too.

Great way to 'test drive' a tractor you might be interested in purchasing too.