Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #82  
My cousin had a clutch failure on one of his JD tractors (around 120 HP) at 5,000 hours. Expensive repair. He heard through the grapevine that Deere had a problem with clutches on that model - he felt they should cover the entire repair. Of course JD refused so he traded on a New Holland. Later his next 2 replacements were Deere for Deere and now he has that single New Holland. So one unjustified (I think) incident resulted in him making a brand change, but it was not a long term snit and has one oddball in his fleet.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota
My cousin had a clutch failure on one of his JD tractors (around 120 HP) at 5,000 hours. Expensive repair. He heard through the grapevine that Deere had a problem with clutches on that model - he felt they should cover the entire repair. Of course JD refused so he traded on a New Holland. Later his next 2 replacements were Deere for Deere and now he has that single New Holland. So one unjustified (I think) incident resulted in him making a brand change, but it was not a long term snit and has one oddball in his fleet.
5000 hours is a long time for a clutch to last. My late 60's Ford 3000 has around that many hours and still the original clutch. That tractor is like the Keith Richards of tractors I think.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #84  
To expect warranty repair on 5k hours seems like a pipe dream to me that’s a lot of hours !!! Just my opinion.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #85  
^
Definitely Deere’s fault

I had a tree fall on a kubota once, never buying one again, lol

This is why good, honest opinions are hard to come by/diluted by the chaff.
;)

Last edited:
   / Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #86  
I saw this video in my news feed this evening and decided to give it a watch. After listening to the guy discuss his issue with the tractor he then ended by saying he should have bought a Kubota. My immediate reaction was What??? Why? Because you have an issue that needs to go back to the dealer to be fixed? I couldn't see his logic here and furthermore I was surprised to hear this coming from a Deere owner. My impression of Deere is they seem to have the highest bating average when it comes to reliability and engineering. It seems based on all the social media tractor groups that I belong to that you hardly ever hear of their compacts having any problems. Is this really true? Is my perception correct or off about this? I would like to hear all of your thoughts and opinions on this.

This is one of those where the consumer knows Deere’s only real competitor is Kubota so that becomes their weapon of choice to stir the pot. Want to make a dig at Chevy because you’re mad at them? Easy, just say you should have bought a Ford. It’s the best way they can think of to hurt a brand they feel has wronged them. In their mind they imagine the folks at Deere freaking out and going “OMG, we have to do something to make this right, this guy is killing us!!!” when really they’re either thinking “go ahead you ignorant schmuck” or they’re not thinking about the guy at all. I get these kinds of tantrums at my job occasionally and my only reaction is wishing they would go buy something else so they can whine to somebody else for a change and let me get back to work.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #87  
Deere is king of the 100hp+ tractor market and Kubota is king of the market for tractors less than 100 hp.

Yep which is really sad when you consider that Kubotas are ugly, sparse with features for the money, expensive, and have that horrendous "treadle". The fact that Kubota sells so many tractors proves that:

- Name recognition is a powerful drug
- Orange is a powerful color

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #88  
I have a nice Deere 4600 with 5000 hours. It was time to get a backup tractor so I purchased a 2019 4052r so I could use the same FEL attachments, plus I was used to the hydro pedals of the Deere and didn't want to mess with the treadle pedal of the Kubota. Overall I'm very disappointed with the 4052r. The FEL started shedding paint within the month, and eventually I'm going to have to sandblast it and prime and repaint it. The joystick lock rubs on my knee and it's sharp. The parking brake lever rubs on the side of my calf and the cabin is very small. Just out of warranty and I started blowing off a hydraulic hose on the rockshaft. It happened three times. I complained to the dealer, and fortunately they found a service issue with a little valve and gave me the info. I submitted it to Deere and they ended up covering $1000 of the repair, the dealer covered $500 of it, and I covered the $500 worth of HyGard that I dumped all over my pastures plus the trip charge to and from the dealer. Deere wouldn't address the flaking paint shortly after I purchased it. I prefer using the 4600 most of the time. It has as much if not more power than the 4052, and is a more comfortable, heavier, solid compact tractor. Now that I can use the 4052 a bit more reliably, I'm going to overhaul the 4600. Oh, and Deere still hasn't solved the stupid synchronize bar on the FEL. Before, the 1/4" pin would shear. On the 4052 they increased the size of the pin to 5/16". Now the more expensive sync bar shears at the pin hole. When I have some time I'm going to make a mod for this stupid design, patent it, and get rich.
I have the same issue with the timing bar on my 4052R, i have broke two now and the tractor only has 700 hrs. Same issue with paint flaking off of the loader. Other than that I like the tractor.

/ Owner Dissatisfied With Deere Wants To Switch To Kubota #89  
^
Definitely Deere’s fault

I had a tree fall on a kubota once, never buying one again, lol

This is why good, honest opinions are hard to come by/diluted by the chaff.
;)
A smart moderator would have closed this thread on that beauty of a post! :ROFLMAO:

Half of all product and service reviews are written by those unqualified to provide a useful opinion... and the other half are written by someone in a pissed-off emotional state, after something has gone wrong.