Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question #1  

Duds13

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti CK2610, Kubota BX 2200
Hello All. I operate a hobby maple farm and I'd like to make some improvements to my sap collection process. Right now I use my Kubota BX2200 and I tow a 55 gallon tank in a small dump cart. This is our first year using reverse osmosis so the sap collection and planning of boils has changed a bit. For next year I'd like to start collecting sap using my Kioti CK2610, so I was thinking of getting a set of pallet forks that I could set a collection tank on and then unload sap from that tank to where the reverse osmosis is set up. My current system results in some down time as we fill up our holding tanks and then have to wait while the RO processes the sap down to concentrate. Adding the Kioti to the operation would allow us to keep collecting sap while the RO is running, and we would continue to use the kubota to run the concentrated sap to the sugar house for boiling.

So after that long winded background, lol, my question is will a 100 gallon collection tank full of sap (~800 pounds) be ok for the Kioti? I believe it should handle it relatively easy but just wanted to double check with the experts.

Thanks!

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question #2  
From Tractor Data. com:
ioti KL2610 Loader
Loader weight:928 lbs
420 kg
Height (to pin):98.4 inches
249 cm
Clearance, dumped bucket:74 inches
187 cm
Dump reach:11.3 inches
28 cm
Dump angle:48°
Clearance, level bucket:88 inches
223 cm
Reach at ground:63.4 inches
161 cm
Rollback angle:28.5°
Breakout force (at pin):2110 lbs
957 kg
Lift to full height (at pin):1252 lbs
567 kg
Bucket width:60 inches
152 cm
66 inches
167 cm
You appear to have more than enough lifting capacity for 800 pounds. However with a 2700 pound tractor you will want to be sure that you have ample ballast on the 3 point when lifting a full 800 pounds.

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question
Thank you for your reply and confirming my thoughts. My rear tires are filled, would I need more ballast?

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question #4  
While the little Kioti has the lift capacity by spec., that does not include the travel over rough terrain any rocks frozen ruts to traverse while loaded that heavily will be detrimental to your front axle. If desireing to carry a tank of that capacity I would recommend a set of forks on the three point that way the heavier duty rear axle is taking the load which can handle it so much better then that much weaker front axle.Plus it will get better traction rather then burying the front wheels in mud.

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question #5  
Yes, you should add a 3 point counter balance. I use 1000# concrete box on back of mine. This also helps with lifting rear tires off of ground and the placing of excess force on front wheel bearings.

also remember, the front fork attachment will add to the weight. mine weighs about 350# and there 42” forks.

Appreciate the comments so far! I'll definitely look into the 3 point pallet forks. Any recommendations?

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question #7  
Actually the easiest way would be a 3point to ssqa adapter, then it can be used for forks or anything else. Otherwise, these are the deluxe way to go;
WIFO Farm Equipment | Forks - Forklifts
or these,
https://www.palletforks.com/tractor...t-i-and-ii-tractors/3PTFRLDRECWSHR-FORKS.html

3 point to ssqa;
3 Pt Skid Steer Quick Tach Conversion Adapter for Cat 1 Tractors Heavy Steel US | eBay

1710522871730.jpeg

Actually the easiest way would be a 3point to ssqa adapter, then it can be used for forks or anything else. Otherwise, these are the deluxe way to go;
WIFO Farm Equipment | Forks - Forklifts
or these,
https://www.palletforks.com/tractor...t-i-and-ii-tractors/3PTFRLDRECWSHR-FORKS.html

3 point to ssqa;
3 Pt Skid Steer Quick Tach Conversion Adapter for Cat 1 Tractors Heavy Steel US | eBay

View attachment 857313
Thanks Lou! ANy thoughts on these?

/ Pallet Fork / Lift Capacity question #9  
Thanks Lou! ANy thoughts on these?

Interesting concept, Looking at the 3 point pins and the ssqa slots I have to wonder how easy it will be to use the ssqa part of if the 3 point pins would have to be removed to connect using the ssqa.

Interesting concept, Looking at the 3 point pins and the ssqa slots I have to wonder how easy it will be to use the ssqa part of if the 3 point pins would have to be removed to connect using the ssqa.
Good call out. I'm going to call or email them and will ask that question. I could kill two birds with one stone with this set up as I wanted a set of forks for the front anyways