Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made?

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #21  
Oddly enough it is not just PalletForks.com. I bought a Wildkat that was not that good of a fit either. How hard can this be? Not a big deal to weld on a shim, but geez.

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #22  
My forks and grapple were from Wildkat. I had to mod both, but I have a welder so it was a simple fix and it was worth it for the price paid.

HP

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #23  
If you have a tractor and multiple implements, you really need a welder. I remember not having a welder and it sucked. Heck I used to have a welder to keep an old lawn tractor going. There is just a limit to what you can do with screws, nuts and bolts and gusset plates. And the things pay for themselves, usually pretty quickly.

James K0UA

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made?
I have a Miller Maxstar 200 & a little bit of TIG skill, just not that much. I need to keep telling myself to just do it. If the welds break I can just redo it & do a better job next time.

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #25  
So if I spend $700 on a implement I should buy a welder too so I can use it. Sorry I don't see it that way. If you make something to sell and to do a job it should do it. If you bought a tractor with a implement and you beat the dealer down on price and the implement doesn't work right would you say it was worth it or take back for a new one.

S*%t happens. I'd rather get a defective implement from a good vendor who will stand behind their product & make things right than a company that won't. They have given me good options to either get a few bucks back & fix it myself (of have another welder fix it) or swap out the frame. Probably going to be less hassle for me to fix it myself than to mess with shipping.

Anybody have the specs or blueprints for the SSQA standard? My Googlefu is failing me.

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #29  
S*%t happens. I'd rather get a defective implement from a good vendor who will stand behind their product & make things right than a company that won't. They have given me good options to either get a few bucks back & fix it myself (of have another welder fix it) or swap out the frame. Probably going to be less hassle for me to fix it myself than to mess with shipping.

I am glad it worked out for you.

/ Pallet forks suppose to be loose or SSQA bracket improperly made? #30  
I have a Miller Maxstar 200 & a little bit of TIG skill, just not that much. I need to keep telling myself to just do it. If the welds break I can just redo it & do a better job next time.

I say "make some sparks"... What is the worst that can happen?