Park Brake

/ Park Brake #11  
Park brake whats that? Tap brakes what brakes? Old tractor brakes havent worked in years. With foam filled tires I can only use 1st and 2nd so can"t go very fast and never on the road. The fel works as the parking brake and it wii not move with it down.

/ Park Brake #14  
Must be some anemic brakes, or you drive around in low gear.
Hydrostatic. No gears.

Let off forward or reverse pedal and tractor stops instantly(sometimes too quickly).

Brake is mainly for parking.

/ Park Brake #15  
If he could quickly and easily develop a new habit, he wouldn't keep driving off with the brake still on. I suggest a written start up checklist taped to the dashboard.

No one said it would be quick or easy. If you are not going to remember to look at the dash for a parking brake light, I don't see how you are going to remember to look at a check list; maybe there is a difference, but I don't see it.

Anything you do to rectify this is going to require that you either remember to look at a list, warning light or brake position or develop an automatic response.

I try to offer constructive suggestions rather than criticize those of others, so whatever works.

/ Park Brake #16  
Thank you, so much, for posting this, Billhall. I thought I was the only one. I've forced myself to think about how expensive it probably is to replace brakes, and that seems to help. :)

/ Park Brake #17  
TripleR said:
I try to offer constructive suggestions rather than criticize those of others, so whatever works.

Sorry I was critical.

/ Park Brake #18  
I usually remember to take off the break, but putting the HST back in gear...Well, that's a different story...:ashamed:

Oh, and what's TBN coming to??? When I came to this thread there was an advertisement the side featuring a half-dressed women selling break rotors...:eek:

/ Park Brake #20  
I have done this many times....I have trained myself to tap the brakes every time I get on the tractor just before I push the hydro pedal:) Took some time but it is now a habit!;)

Same here, you just got to get in the habit of setting the brake hard fully every time, that way the hydro screams when you try to move, and you know it is the brake. Soon it becomes habit to release the brake each and every time. Took me about 2 weeks to "get into the habit" but I haven't run with the brake on now for almost a year.

James K0UA