Park Brake

/ Park Brake #21  
I have found my tractor does not go as fast with the brake on. It's about this time I remember to tap the brake

/ Park Brake #22  
OK, am I the only one that just can not remember to take off the parking break, does anybody have any suggestions how the remember to take it off? I just know I will be replacing my brakes way to often, is there any other damage I could caused by this absent mindness?

Drill a small hole in the dash and silicone a tiny red, LED lamp. Then rig an electrical contact on the brake pedal that is in contact when the brake is applied and power this via a keyed "on" circuit. Then when the key is on you will have a reminder light on the dash.:thumbsup:

/ Park Brake #23  
Drill a small hole in the dash and silicone a tiny red, LED lamp. Then rig an electrical contact on the brake pedal that is in contact when the brake is applied and power this via a keyed "on" circuit. Then when the key is on you will have a reminder light on the dash.:thumbsup:

The DK35 does have a red warning lamp on the dashboard panel but I still don't notice it.

I try to remember the "tap the brake" trick each time but still occassionally forget. That's because, like another poster on this thread, I often don't use the parking brake.

Also, unlike my old L275 DT gear tractor where I noticed if the brake was on, the DK35 HST doesn't seem to flinch unless I push VERY hard while setting the parking brake.

I don't like much of the automation and safety over-kill on machines. But this is one area I wish there was a better indicator. Perhaps something like one of those annoying backing-up beepers that is triggered if the HST is out of neutral AND the parking brake is set.

Until then I'll work on building a consistent "tap the brake" habit. :)

/ Park Brake #25  
I've been thinking of putting a canopy on my MF, then hooking the brake indicator to a pendulum that will swing down and hit me in the head when I forget to release the brake:thumbsup:

Anyone gots the number for the 'patent office'?