Parker or Gates?

/ Parker or Gates? #1  

Artisan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX25
So I am needing some hoses and fittings and I wrote a local hose maker
and they asked me if I wanted Parker hose and fittings or Gates hose and fittings.

What do I want? :eek: My only prerequisite is the fittings are silver in color to match the rest of the new tractor.

TIA!

/ Parker or Gates? #2  
Both companies make quality products. Parker probably has a larger selection of hose and ends but in your case I doubt that would be a consideration. May want to check on the color of the ends because some of the newer ones are yellow/gold colored.

/ Parker or Gates? #3  
I agree, both brands are very good. I used to sell Weatherhead. All of the brands did the job. Just get the correct rating for your use.

/ Parker or Gates? #4  
Either Parker or Gates, both good quality. Ask which has best price and go with that one. The silver color is the more common anti-corrosion coating on fittings but the yellow/gold color seems more resistant to high humidity and or salt & other chemicals.
I don't know if this is still the same but about 8 years ago the Gates factory rep told me Wheatherguard was a division of Gates. Good quality too.

/ Parker or Gates?
....and as typical, the more I learn the more questions I generate.

I asked a hose supplier for a price for 5 hoses and they came back at me w/ a
price approaching $160.00, Gates or Parker. THEN I learned that you can make hoses with a H
Press and I have an H Press. So now I am trying to get a list of parts for
the tools I need to do this. I believe Weatherhead sells a Home Shop Press Kit ,
a T-400-17 ...It is like 1200 bux, I can't do that, so why can't a guy buy JUST
the parts needed to press 1/4" stuff?

The Pusher tool like an upside down letter U
The 1/4' die
and I think a bottom and top plate(are those collets?)

I am trying to get those part numbers alone so I can shop them. I see some on
ebay.

In a past thread a gent suggested that Weatherhead fittings are smaller than
others. I'm looking hard at that because the BX25's BH manifold is insanely tight,
I mean it is nuts tight, and should I ever need to replace, I want to be armed
w/ the right tooling. It's raining here, I guess I should get a magnifying glass
after the rain and see if I can read anything other than CHINA on the fittings.
Then if I can ID those OE fittings look at whatever flavor it uses. I am leaning
toward Weatherhead now.

The input is appreciated gents...

I am looking at this because I am making a grapple for BX25, and I want to get
really **** w/ the hoses lengths, (plus be able to make repairs and other
accessories in the future) I want to make them myself and not be pressured into
coming up w/ a length end to end then trying it. I want to press on an end,
hand fit it up and lay the hose where it goes and mark it perfect.
CLICK HERE for the GrappleOmatic thread.

/ Parker or Gates? #6  
I'd ask which one was made in America...

/ Parker or Gates?
I'd ask which one was made in America...

A good thought...

I found a picture of the Weatherpack shop kit deal. I see part numbers but I do not understand the black and silver rings, do I need both if I just get 1/4" die?

weatherpack-shop.jpg

So I think I need ot shop for the following IF I want to just do 1/4" for now;

One of Each:

T-400-2C
T-400-8
T-400-10 or -11 OR BOTH? ANYONE KNOW?
T-400-17p

/ Parker or Gates? #8  
Go to DHH and get the reusable ends and make the hoses yourself. You can easily make them up yourself and they will be perfect. :thumbsup: I replaced every hose on my dozer this way, it worked out great. Forget about doing the press deal, you will just be looking at trouble in the long run without have all the correct stuff, along with spending waaaaaaaay to much money. :eek: But then you may not want to use their stuff because some of it does come from China. :rolleyes:

Just my :2cents:, good luck. ;)

Attachments

• P2210007.JPG
    P2210007.JPG
    116.7 KB · Views: 458
  • P2210014.JPG
    P2210014.JPG
    113.5 KB · Views: 439
  • P5150003.JPG
    P5150003.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 369
   / Parker or Gates?
VERY nice job on the Case my friend...boy that was a LOT of work.
I have considered reuseable but so many connections on the BX25 are in tight areas that smaller I thunk is better.

I think I can make a crimper for about 2-250 bux. I need to buy 2- rings and one die, then I can make a pusher and I own a H-Press. So, just add parts and I will be good to go. Were looking into this method hard.

THANK YOU for the valuable input.

/ Parker or Gates? #10  
I think the black and silver rings are different thichnesses, so you stop at the correct point when crimping the fitting to the hose