PBY Power Beyond & Detent Valve question

/ PBY Power Beyond & Detent Valve question #11  
what i can find, it looks like your tractor already has this diverter block.....very odd reading.

hope you succeed in this quest

/ PBY Power Beyond & Detent Valve question #12  
Hey, newbie here. I have a (hopefully) quick question.

Tractor: Yanmar 336
Application: Log splitter
Tapping into divider block to set up rear remote hydraulics.
Manual calls for a auxiliary valve with five ports: IN, OUT, A, B, PBY.

I have the schematics.

Therefore, Does PBY stand for power beyond?

Also, has anyone found a single spool valve with a PBY and a pressure detent?

I want to press the lever backwards to detent untill the cyclinder is completely retracted so I don't have to hold it.

Part numbers would be great. So far, after talking with Surplus Center, the fellow said he didn't know of a single spool power beyond valve with a pressure detent. I know they must exist! What are you fellows using in this situation?

THANKS!
-Thomas

you can come out off the loader return pressure line and back to the line and that will work to.

/ PBY Power Beyond & Detent Valve question
Thank you for the links. In fact, I've actually read all of those :D None of them address the PBY port specifically.

By this I mean. Hoyetractor.com posts the following diagram for hooking into the high pressure line.
loadervalve.jpg

I assume this doesn't need a PBY port/hose/return because this tap is placed in the series prior to the diverter block/ 3pt system.

However, since I'm attacking the diverter block I must deal with an open-center valve (to keep the fluid flowing at all times as to not dead-head the pump) & deal with this silly PBY port.

I'm still yet to figure out why this is needed.

The closest thing I've read is this:

"The best way to plumb a valve is to use the PBY plug. When the valve is being used the exhaust flow does not have to go through the 3 point & over ride the relief valve. It is dumped directly into the rear end."

However, this talkes about "plugging" the PBY port on the valve, unless I'm reading this wrong. If however, he meant use the PBY "PORT" on the auxiliary valve then his statement would make more sense to me.

I don't understand why other Yanmars don't have this issue. Mine is U.S. made but surely that doesn't affect the diverter block design that much.

So, still unanswered are two questions:

1) What is the PBY, what is it used for and why don't all yanmars use this when connecting remote hydraulics to the diverter block?

2) Does anyone know of a company that makes a single-spool, open-center PBY auxiliary valve with a pressure detent (I don't want to have to continuously hold the lever back to retract the hydraulic cyclinder)...?

you can come out off the loader return pressure line and back to the line and that will work to.

I don't have a loader :( and, I don't want to cut the high-pressure line. I want to use the diverter block.

/ PBY Power Beyond & Detent Valve question #15  
I don't have a loader :(

oh...you don't have a loader.

that explains why the pictures on the other threads show that this diverter is already installed.

much more difficult.

/ PBY Power Beyond & Detent Valve question #18  
Thallman, I believe the valve you ordered will work by just using the inlet and outlet ports by your stop valve and installing the headless plug. The key is you cannot disconnect that loop or your system will dead head. It can be used by putting quick disconnects on your splitter valve where the lines can be plugged in to each other when you are through with the splitter or whatever else you might choose to hook up. Open center valve is the key to these hookups. I remove my loader frequently and simply unplug the in and out loader lines and plug them in to each other completing the circuit. Same thing you would be doing here, just a different location.

So, Winston1, that's what I was thinking, however, the manual specifically calls for a pby port/hose. What I can't figure out is why?

Okay, so I have a theory:

PBY (power beyond) is simply an "extension" in the hydraulic circuit. Because the hydraulic pump on a Yanmar runs continuously, the hydraulic fluid must be able to continually move in and unobstructed circuit (hence, the open-center valve). However, because often times more than one valve (hydraulic component) is desired to be run off the hydraulic circuit, a "power beyond" or extension in this hydraulic circuit is needed (kind of like jumping off receptacle in household wiring).

This being said, from what I can tell the Yanmar hydraulic divider block runs like this.

-High pressure line enters the block.
-Headless plug (which has to be installed) blocks the flow of the traditional In/out ports on the diverter block.
-Pressurized hydraulic fluid is taken from the OUT port on the diverter block (which would typically feed the "IN" port internally if the headless plug wasn't installed) and is routed to our new auxiliary valve "IN" port.
-Because this is an "open-center" valve (the one we're installing to run a hydraulic component) the hydraulic fluid (when not being used by a cylinder or component) must continue to flow (when the valve is in the Neutral position) and therefore, the "OUT" port on our new auxiliary valve is run to the "return oil port/plug" on the side of the transfer case. This, therefore, completes the circuit.

This is all fine and dandy but what about the 3pt system? Did we just "cut in line" and rob the 3pt system of its fluid? I think so! And, here rests the cornerstone of my theory. The manual says we must have a PBY port. And, because we always listen to the manual ;) we bought the correct auxiliary valve originally ;) that had a PBY port. But what to do with it?

Remember that original diverter block? We used the "OUT" port to run to the IN port on our new auxiliary valve but now our 3pt hydraulics is starving. So, we take the PBY port on our valve and plumb this back into the "IN" port on our diverter block. Thus, we have essentially "extended" pressurized hydraulic fluid (when not in use by a previously installed valve) to our 3pt system.

This is my theory, anyways. I could completely be wrong. But why else would the manual say we need a BPY port? It's because we're tampering with the diverter block!

For those who simply cut the high pressure hydraulic line prior to reaching the diverter block, (as hoyetractor.com suggests is the easier method) simply installing an open-center valve will suffice. (High pressure line routed to the IN port on the valve and the OUT port routed to the other half of the line you tapped/cut into.

This second (cutting of the high pressure hydraulic line) option is the only way to run a "Pressure Detent" valve I believe, since I'm having such a hard time finding an open-center PBY valve also with a pressure detent.

What do you fellows think about this?
Is the manual way (diverter block) really placing the new auxiliary valve in front of the 3pt system in the hydraulic series? But if so (and the most likely error in my theory, when does the 3pt system recieve this flow of fluid? Certainly not when the new auxiliary valve is in the nuetral position--hydraulic fluid takes the path of least resistance--the fluid would be routed to the reservoir/transfer case. You see my dilemma.

-Thomas