Penetrating Oils....best and home made...

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #21  
where do you guys all buy this kroil? I have never even heard of it until this thread, and as I said before pb is the best I have used. Maybe I have seen it and never noticed it.

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #22  
where do you guys all buy this kroil? I have never even heard of it until this thread, and as I said before pb is the best I have used. Maybe I have seen it and never noticed it.

same here never seen or heard till now , Maybe it's a regional thing ?

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #23  
Kroil is widely used in the aviation community. good stuff. I also like PB Blaster on my farm equipment. Will have to try
The ATF/Acetone bit for a trial...

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #25  
Kroil is widely used in the aviation community. good stuff. I also like PB Blaster on my farm equipment. Will have to try
The ATF/Acetone bit for a trial...

I worked almost 30 years in private aviation in Florida and never heard about it but have seen many an ap/ia use Marvel mystery oil in aircraft engines with low compression due to lead building up on valve stems and not allowing the valve to close completely ,they would pull the upper plugs and saturate the cylinders with it and let it soak over night early the next morning they would take a hard mallet and smack the top of the valve stem and the impact would slam the valve shut and remove the build up and raise the compression back to legal limits without pulling the jug ! They always hid the marvel oil and one day I asked why and was told it is illegal to have in the maintenance area because it was not approved by the FAA because marvel refused to disclose what was in it . They all agreed it was the only thing that worked but not approved !

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #26  
Those who want to blend acetone need to know how incredibly flammable that stuff is. A tenderfoot alchemist mixing stuff in his garage could inadvertantly start a fire from the fumes. When I get any on a rag or paper towel I make sure it doesn't even come in the barn. Rag stays outside till trash pickup and no exceptions.

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #28  
We use it at work. I am not sure where they get it from? Grainger? Mcmaster carr?? or something of the like??

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #29  
the way everyone is talking about it on here, I was assuming there was a local place. I was hoping anyway, I will still probably try it anyway though, even if I have to order it.

Years ago (10ish) Kroil was pretty much industrial only. In order to buy it from Kroil you had to have a business. In the states, I understand its not that hard to find now because they stopped being industrial only. Checking your local industrial supply houses would be a good start for something close.

Its still VERY hard to get up here. Shipping in a case (me and a buddy were going to split one because we both were familiar with just how good it was through a previous employer) was going to be insanely expensive due to brokerage and Hazmat. I think we figured almost $20 a can (for the old style small cans). Needless to say, we havent ordered. I still have a couple cans left. I guard them with my life! And only use it on the worst stuck things.:thumbsup:

/ Penetrating Oils....best and home made... #30  
So this atf/acetone brew begs the questions : Is any particular type of ATF better? (there are many types out there). Which is best ? (clean, new atf, or used ATF). Does it even matter?

DEWFPO