Photos of tractors on Hills

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #41  
This is a trail in my woods

Greg, cool woods pics. Do you lock your rear diff when climbing or going down? Drew

I lock the rear diff when going up. Full rpm in low, white knuckles on the steering wheel!

I have food plots up there and once or twice a year I bring my rear blade up there to grade wash outs on the way down. It's not for the faint of heart!

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #42  
Oops double post.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #43  
   / Photos of tractors on Hills #44  
That second picture down ....No way...absolutely no way...I would ever bush hog that whether going up or down or not....just would not do it without a saftey rope on a hovering helicopter....Wow !

Good. I was feeling like a real wuss. I really think that hill is a ski slope...
Well, I wouldn't have to get out for a pee break...it would never stay in me :cool:

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #45  
I was using a M125x Kubota with the rear tires loaded and the loader on, minus a bucket and a 10' Deere pull type cutter

Would a three point hitch mower provide more stability vs a pulled mower? Am thinking all that weight down low would help lower the COG
of the tractor.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #46  
It's nothing compared to a couple of these others, but my nosy neighbor took a shot from about 200 yards on a cell phone. :) My wife and I had been down to our apple trees to harvest some, but found them absolutely bare because of a late frost. But her hip was giving her problems and she would have been really hurting to walk back up. This was the first time she had driven it.
hill.JPG

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #47  
Would a three point hitch mower provide more stability vs a pulled mower? Am thinking all that weight down low would help lower the COG
of the tractor.

Perhaps. But there is a reason I use a small cutter cutter compared to a 10,000# tractor. You can barely tell it's back there. In "normal" conditions it would pull a 15' batwing with no problems.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #48  
It's nothing compared to a couple of these others, but my nosy neighbor took a shot from about 200 yards on a cell phone. :) My wife and I had been down to our apple trees to harvest some, but found them absolutely bare because of a late frost. But her hip was giving her problems and she would have been really hurting to walk back up. This was the first time she had driven it.
View attachment 311788
The picture made me smile. Thanks for that.

To more easily store thing on top the office in the shop I build a little cargo lift using small shop fox winch and garage door roller running in wood tracks. My wife chose to ride the lift down rather then attempt the ladder. I wish I had taken a picture of that.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #49  
View attachment 311788

what a marvelous picture, a true keeper. You look so calm and composed back there, ready to jump off I suppose...
And I like your ballast system. Is that a concrete block up in the bucket or a case of wine?

The dog following you is perfect. A true family outing.

/ Photos of tractors on Hills #50  
View attachment 311788

Great picture.:thumbsup: