Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up?

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #21  
Ive been driving since 1968 and never wore a seatbelt until I got a $100 ticket. I hated wearing one and still do but I wear it because I want to spend $100 on something besides a ticket. What I hate worse is the government telling me I have to wear one.

I was living in San Diego in 1984 when they were voting on athe seat belt law. There was a poll that I read about in the paper where 24% of the respondents said they regularly wore seat belts but 73% said there should be a law telling them to. I never have understood that logic.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #22  
I was living in San Diego in 1984 when they were voting on athe seat belt law. There was a poll that I read about in the paper where 24% of the respondents said they regularly wore seat belts but 73% said there should be a law telling them to. I never have understood that logic.

Some peeps in California, doubt TBNr's are abiders like that ...'nuff said about that.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #23  
I do in cars, trucks, and airplanes. Never wear them or the Ranger or Tractors.

Chris

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #24  
I've always used them except for some of the early shoulder belts that had the ratcheting reels that would constantly tighten up on you, I would wear if I could hang onto it and keep it from strangling me.
I became very diligent after one of my best friends (who never wore a seatbelt) hit some black ice one night coming home from work, lost control and rolled his Blazer, he was partiality ejected from the vehicle and trapped under it. The coroner determined he died of asphyxiation. Made a believer out of me, always buckle up.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #25  
On the tractor, in vehicles, unless it's 20' in the driveway, I'm buckled in. My wife used to be more lax about wearing hers, but 3 years ago, when her mother was killed due to being ejected in a roll-over, she wears it all the time now. If my mother in law had been buckled, she would have walked away. Slow speed, no major damage to her SUV.

RIP Dot, we miss you.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #26  
I always wear the seat belt in the car and truck. Had a workmate got drunk then get creamed after he went through a ditch and rolled his Toyota truck multiple times. The only part of he truck that was in good shape was the drivers area. If he had a seatbelt on he could have walked away from it, maybe.

For me, I always get moving before I buckle up. I do it on the fly so to speak, which I understand is a no-no because I am fumbling around with the seatbelt going through a parking lot or onto a street.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #27  
I never wear the tractor seat belt because it constantly ratchets tighter. The seat belt in the Kioti is even worse.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #28  
Moving the pickup around the farm yard, or half a mile down the dirt road, no... Any time where i go longer than that i put the seat belt on... ill occasionally put the seat belt on on the tractor if moving it 20 miles.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #29  
I wear them in vehicle that have them... my old Ford pickup has never had them as is the case for most of my cars.

/ Pickup Owners: Do you buckle up? #30  
They make a lot of money on seat belt laws here. 141.00 a pop.