Picture size

/ Picture size #1  

DetroitMike

Tractor
1500D
I apologize for being a dope when it comes to computers. I'm tried to post a pic but it was bigger than 100k. Is there a way to check the size of a pic before i try to post it? And can I reduce the size so it is postable?

Thanks

/ Picture size #2  
Mike,

Try irfanview for a quick and easy to use freeware photo program. You can easily resize your pictures for posting. And 640x480 is a good size for this forum.

/ Picture size
Well, thanks for the info, but all that stuff looks like Chinese to me. I thought there might be something on the camera itself to set the size or maybe something on my pc.

/ Picture size #4  
<font color="blue">I thought there might be something on the camera itself to set the size or maybe something on my pc. </font>
Most digital cameras have a Quality setting. The lowest one is usually 640 x 480 which should create a picture that's small enough to post on TBN without the need to resize.

/ Picture size
Cool, I'll check it out. This camera is not mine, I borrowed it from work, so I'm not familiar with it.

Thanks

/ Picture size #6  
Even on my lowest setting which is a 1 megapixel I still have to crop way down Mike. Is there anything else I can do? If I take full pics I can't get them small enough to post.

/ Picture size #7  
Richard,

What camera do you have? Most of them have a small format setting for taking pictures that are easy to e-mail or post to the web.

Also, using a program like Irfanview, it's really easy to resize a picture and not have to crop anything. The attached picture started out as 1024x768 and 269KB. Using the Resize function, I reduced it by 50% (each dimension) to 512x384, and saved it with a new name. The resulting file is 48KB. You do lose some resolution, but it's quick and easy.

Attachments

• 306179-tractor view.JPG
    306179-tractor view.JPG
    47.2 KB · Views: 106
   / Picture size
Mike,

I played with the camera and figured out how to change it to the 640x480. It was on the larger setting. i'll have to retake the pics tonite and try tomorrow to post them.

Thanks again for the tip. DM

/ Picture size #9  
Bill,

The camera is a Sony cybershot 3.2. I have it set on the lowest setting I could find but pics are still coming out too big to send.

/ Picture size #10  
Richard,

The specs say that it has a e-mail mode for still images:
<font color="blue">Still Image Modes: JPEG (Fine/Std.), Burst, Email, Voice Memo </font>

I don't know how to set it, but my son has one just like it, so I'll ask him and let you know.