Picture size

/ Picture size #11  
Thanks alot Bill I appreciate that.

/ Picture size #12  
Richard,

Here's what I found out:

1 - The email mode actually saves two images on the card. One is full-size and the other is smaller for e-mailing or posting to the internet. This might do what you want, but I'm not sure of the small image size.

2 - When you are in camera mode, the LCD screen can show various amounts of information. If you press the display button, it will cycle through off, on, info, more info, etc. One of the information items is image size, e.g. 1600x1200. Using the menu button, you can change the image size and it will display the new dimensions on the LCD screen.

Hope this helps. My son is working from memory, since his wife has borrowed the camera for an out-of-town trip, but he's pretty sure it goes down to 800x600, and smaller for the secondary email image.

/ Picture size #13  
Re: Picture size-Free Photo Resizer Software

Here's a Free Photo Resizer for the down and dirty sizing... no bells and whistles... but it works... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Free Photo Resizer

(about 900k size download-fairly fast to d/l)

(I'm a digital camera neophyte... I mostly use my digital camera in the "HIGHEST" resolution, then I can crop, cut, shred, do what-ever I what after it's on the computer... the point being... you will have a lot to work with by taking pictures in the highest resolution versus the lowest...)

(Hint-Before you save the photo, adjust the "Quality" and hit the resize button to see what the size "will be" if you saved it... you can also adjust the physical size and do a number of "what if's" before you actually save it. For best/smallest results, save the color photo as a "JPG"...)

/ Picture size #14  

My Olympus came with its own software and "resize" is one of the options. You can just make it any size you want.

/ Picture size #15  

Hi Bird,

I got the upgraded Olympus software for the added "panorama" features... I was so excited... to make a masterpiece... then discovered...

My Olympus E100rs doesn't support the "panorama" feature... /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

I use other software that does this... but haven't found the time to "learn" the ins/outs of these features... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif