Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget!

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #21  
I don't miss any of my previous tractors.

Bobcat CT235

I never ever did get to use the blower:laughing:

8N

not a tractor but a garden tractor

Cub Cadet 2206

Last edited:
   / Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #22  
   / Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #23  
There have been quite a few.... il see what i can find pics of !

Some beaut pics there, that Case is well bogged.

What's on the trailer - could it be tipped off?

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #24  
Some beaut pics there, that Case is well bogged.

What's on the trailer - could it be tipped off?

It was potatoes . With 14 ton loads in these conditions it happened a lot so there was always another bigger tractor close by with a chain .

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #25  
1992 JD 2355, sold it due to continuous hydraulic gremlins. Still one of the best tractor series ever made.:thumbsup:

tractor13.jpg

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #26  
1992 JD 2355, sold it due to continuous hydraulic gremlins. Still one of the best tractor series ever made.:thumbsup:

View attachment 323909

We once ran 13 JD tractors of 20,30,40 and 50 series from 2020 up to 8650 and hyd gremlins as you call them were the main reason to move to the mixed colour fleet that we have now ( only 1 of them being a JD) Many of them i could say were some of the best tractors we ever had but hyd's were always their weak point ?

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #27  
I know exactly what happened to ours and no matter what I did it was a continuos problem.

Dad has a habit of leaving the parking brake on, ok maybe I did it once or twice too. The brake material along with the rivets came loose from the parking brake band and into the hydraulic fluid. Those pieces where chewed up real good in the transmission and what was left of the rivets destroyed the valves, hydraulic pump and steering box (x2). All at different times. Steering box isn't the correct term, the part at the base of the steering wheel, what ever that is called.

The last year it lived with us we spent more time under the hood than in the seat. No matter what I did to try and flush the crap out it was never all gone.

I did like the tractor and hated to sell it but it made a nice down payment on the new Kubota. :)

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #28  
Steering box isn't the correct term, the part at the base of the steering wheel, what ever that is called.

Orbital valve :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #29  
   / Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #30  
Here are some of my former tractors

Ford 7710-II, great tractor. Didn't want to part with it but things happen
DSC01313.jpg

Ford 640, was a good tractor but was a gas engine and lacked power steering making it not ideal for raking or tedding hay. Too much work on irregular shaped fields and my helpers disliked it with a passion.
DSC03292.jpg

Allis B, had a worn ring gear. It ran when I got it and I drove it around the property but ultimately it was parted out because it sat too long without me making the time to fix it and the weather destroyed the rims and it was going to need all new rims and tires along with a motor rebuild and ring gear just to make it run and there was no way I would ever get that money back out of it. Ended up doubling my money by parting it out.
Allis B.jpg