Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget!

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #31  
Here are some of my former tractors

Ford 7710-II, great tractor. Didn't want to part with it but things happen
View attachment 324314

Ford 640, was a good tractor but was a gas engine and lacked power steering making it not ideal for raking or tedding hay. Too much work on irregular shaped fields and my helpers disliked it with a passion.
View attachment 324315

Allis B, had a worn ring gear. It ran when I got it and I drove it around the property but ultimately it was parted out because it sat too long without me making the time to fix it and the weather destroyed the rims and it was going to need all new rims and tires along with a motor rebuild and ring gear just to make it run and there was no way I would ever get that money back out of it. Ended up doubling my money by parting it out.
View attachment 324316

7710's are still one of the best tractors out there :)

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #32  
Got a handful of tractors from the past. This group of John Deere 2040's is beautiful and can still be seen on farms in the northeast. I grabbed these photo's from: Incredible Photos of the Legendary John Deere 4020 | John Deere MachineFinder. Hope you enjoy them as much as me!

Screen Shot 2013-07-03 at 9.34.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-07-03 at 9.35.06 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-07-03 at 9.35.14 AM.pngScreen Shot 2013-07-03 at 9.35.20 AM.png

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #33  
Being I have only own but 2 tractors, my first one would be one I'd never forget;) It's an old 1 cyl. diesel Kubota it only packed about 17 hp, but could get the garden plowed along with many chores around the property, maybe one day I can work up to a larger 30 hp:D

Attachments

• Picture 2031.jpg
    Picture 2031.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 141
  • Copy of Picture 2032.jpg
    Copy of Picture 2032.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 139
   / Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget!
Being I have only own but 2 tractors, my first one would be one I'd never forget;) It's an old 1 cyl. diesel Kubota it only packed about 17 hp, but could get the garden plowed along with many chores around the property, maybe one day I can work up to a larger 30 hp:D

I never knew they made a "thumper" tractor! :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget!
   / Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #38  
image-689742815.jpg

Farmall 404. Tractor was bought new by my good friend's uncle. Then my good friend's daddy got it. Then my daddy got it. When my father died, I got it. So I reckon I will keep till I die. Still runs great, use to plant a dove field with it. Now I just drive it around to give it some exercise. My wife and talked about getting it painted and fixed up.

Sent from my iPhone using TractorByNet

/ Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #39  
Here is a picture of my Ford 8N, taken last winter. It doesn't show a lot of detail, but should help cool off any of you who are sweltering in the summer heat.
PMH

Attachments

• Tractor (2-4-12).JPG
    Tractor (2-4-12).JPG
    699.7 KB · Views: 115
   / Pictures of former tractors....We must never forget! #40  
Allis B, had a worn ring gear. It ran when I got it and I drove it around the property but ultimately it was parted out because it sat too long without me making the time to fix it and the weather destroyed the rims and it was going to need all new rims and tires along with a motor rebuild and ring gear just to make it run and there was no way I would ever get that money back out of it. Ended up doubling my money by parting it out.

Too bad, that old girl is sweet looking. I love that curved drawbar and how the hood section rolls into the steering column. Nice.