Pictures of our new deck

/ Pictures of our new deck #51  
Congrats Jim, it turned out great. The Deck totaly changes the look of the house, and like you said, it easily improves the value of it too!! What's best about it, is that it looks like it's been there forever. Not some afterthought.

Very nicely done.

Eddie

/ Pictures of our new deck #52  
Wow! ,talk about a nice "hunting" deck and 10' from the coffee..:D

I agree with Eddie, looks like it was designed and built with the house, it brings a nice separation with the brick and wood too.

Good thought in the design too, 1 question....whens the elevator go'n in?

/ Pictures of our new deck #53  
Looks great Jim. :cool:
I know a little dog that will check out all those steps next spring. :D

/ Pictures of our new deck
Dave, I think you hit on one of the major characteristics of our weather. We can use a deck 12 months out of the year because of our climate. We'll have a few days where we'll stay inside, but most of the year we can be on one deck or the other. I'm even now considering a hard cover over part of it so we can go out on the deck and watch the rain.:)

Eddie, thanks for your thoughts. You've added a lot to the strength and quality of this deck as a long distance consultant. You aren't going to send me a bill, are you?:D

Western, there are lots of steps.:( However, since the main living area of our house is on the 2nd story and the 2-1/2 story level, mostly we can just walk out onto a deck and have no more than five stair steps to go 3/4 of the way around the house. The added benefit is that I can walk out of the double French door at my office and have steps down to the side yard or walk around the deck and have steps down to the front of the house. Previously, I had to walk out the front of the house and down the only set of steps or go all the way down to our walkout basement. Actually, we found ourselves coming and going through the garage most of the time, especially to carry in groceries. Also, I'm so spoiled to having a raised view of everything that I feel odd in a house with only one level. Does that make sense?

Finally, this deck is going to provide tremendous shade for the area of the house below it. Under my current deck, I have stain that's been there for four years and it still looks almost as good as the day I applied it. That will surely be the case now with the covered areas, and I can also put in flowers that won't get cooked in the sun. The areas above and below the deck are improved in our hot TX weather. Shade is good.:)

Ron, if we put a gate at each end of the new deck and put a ball out there, I think I know a little dog that will play 'til she drops.;)

...and to keep this tractor related, using my grapple and my loader forks sure made cleanup of the area a snap.

/ Pictures of our new deck #55  
Looks good Jim. I'll be keeping an eye on "photos" to see the pictures you're sure to get of the deer and turkeys visiting the feeder now that you have a stand. (grin)

/ Pictures of our new deck #56  
...I know, I know... you guys up north are laughing your hineys off at us. We are such cold weather wimps.:eek:

Like Bird said, this may be the only snow we actually see all winter long. We have to make a big deal of it when we get the chance.:D

NAH! I would just offer you guys some hot cocoa or hot coffee to warm up. :D

/ Pictures of our new deck #57  
Jim, very nice deck! After some time has gone by start telling visitors that you built a deck and added a house to it!:D Again, nice job!

BTW, you're correct, you've got your share of those Blackjacks as well!

Jay

/ Pictures of our new deck #58  
The deck turned out great, Jim. I know you and Kathy will enjoy this for a long time.

/ Pictures of our new deck #59  
I love decks and yours is beautiful---but I'm not showing it to Bernice --- We haven't even broke ground yet and we're making changes to the house.....definitely don't need to give her ideas ;)