Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,441  
I get blowback on me all the time when I am ploughing with my open cab tractor and three point blower. Just have to wear waterproof pants and jacket. And a toque, of course!

An open tractor for plowing snow allows me to get my monies worth out of my sledding gear.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,442  
I have a 500' driveway with decent grade of 15-20% towards the top. The gator is the CX which is the baby. With that said, I chain up my tires and lock the rear and I can push snow up the grade. It's only 2wd. I never get stuck or have any worries with it. I put a swisher receiver mounted sander on it which works great. Only small issue I have is the sander. When you slide the gate open you better start moving because the material starts flowing. There is no auto open for the gate on this model.

I have the factory glass and hard top. The black canopy is for a golf cart that fits pretty good. It lets me run heat inside and not freeze.

I bought the gator with the intention of getting around the property and I was going to get the blower for my tractor. Out of curiosity I made a mount, threw a winch on, and never looked back. I surely didn't think this could handle my driveway, especially with the snow we get, but it does perfectly.

I had an Eagle plow for my Gator (an 855D) for a year. I sold it when I bought my first 3PTH snow blower...and that was a mistake. A UTV with a plow does a great job when the snow accumulation is more of a nuisance the serious accumulation.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,443  
Update: The Fisher plow on the front works so well I removed the rear blade. I bought a carryall from King Kutter and built a firewood box on the 3 PT hitch. I leave it full so it acts as counter weight when plowing. Plowed 8 inch storm a few weeks ago and pushed fine. Just found a sunshade on craigslist this weekend and put it on today. Still fit in the shed by a couple inches. Hopefully I don't get an Ice berm in shed entrance or tractor will be outside.

2016-12-17 16.02.36.jpg2016-12-24 15.20.43.jpg2016-12-24 15.21.20.jpg2016-12-24 15.21.37.jpg2017-01-15 13.00.05.jpg2017-01-15 13.04.36.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,444  
Update: The Fisher plow on the front works so well I removed the rear blade. I bought a carryall from King Kutter and built a firewood box on the 3 PT hitch. I leave it full so it acts as counter weight when plowing. Plowed 8 inch storm a few weeks ago and pushed fine. Just found a sunshade on craigslist this weekend and put it on today. Still fit in the shed by a couple inches. Hopefully I don't get an Ice berm in shed entrance or tractor will be outside.

View attachment 495326View attachment 495327View attachment 495328View attachment 495329View attachment 495330View attachment 495331

I saw that canopy. It was a good deal. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,445  
Good for you, ff. And you should be doing well this winter, given the amount of snow we have had here in Ontario - must be even more so with Lake Effect snow near Kincardine!:thumbsup:

For the short amount of winter we've had there has been a considerable amount of snow, it's been busy. Good to have some time off, need to get my wood cut!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,446  
Looks great Gary. Guess it didn't fit the other guys tractor!!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,447  
Thanks Keith

I think I finally figured out how to post a video.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,449  
Got the wife and I new tractors and blowers this year, so far getting too much use out of them!

Holy crap lol, lot of pennies in that picture. I'm jelly

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #3,450  
I have a 500' driveway with decent grade of 15-20% towards the top. The gator is the CX which is the baby. With that said, I chain up my tires and lock the rear and I can push snow up the grade. It's only 2wd. I never get stuck or have any worries with it. I put a swisher receiver mounted sander on it which works great. Only small issue I have is the sander. When you slide the gate open you better start moving because the material starts flowing. There is no auto open for the gate on this model.

I have the factory glass and hard top. The black canopy is for a golf cart that fits pretty good. It lets me run heat inside and not freeze.

I bought the gator with the intention of getting around the property and I was going to get the blower for my tractor. Out of curiosity I made a mount, threw a winch on, and never looked back. I surely didn't think this could handle my driveway, especially with the snow we get, but it does perfectly.

Yes residential. My house.

I would think traction due to weight would be more of a issue, UTV's are pretty stout pushing snow as far as I can see.