2507182220030312918S600x600Q85.jpg

More then that, my 1710 with FEL.

And if really bad:

1017440939030312918S500x500Q85.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #484  
Quote:
Originally Posted by SensibleNick View Post

I WANT A SNOWBLOWER!!!!!
(merry Christmas if it's your kinda thing by the way )

You NEED a snowblower. Also a cab for your tractor would be good!

Agreed on the snowblower. I'll have one come next season, be it a cheapo Chinese job or one I've made.

Cab... Naah... tractors the size of mine look daft with cabs (IMHO) and I'm a true believer in the Swedish saying: There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes. I'm more than happy for an hour or so at minus 20 Degrees C (-4F) and not being able to see past the FEL in the driving snow. :thumbsup:

Infact... to be utterly honest, one of the reasons I *like* being wrapped up and out in that kind of weather is *because* I know few other people who would be able to stand it. When I get a little further on in years, I don't doubt that I'll got for a cab :D

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #485  
Agreed on the snowblower. I'll have one come next season, be it a cheapo Chinese job or one I've made.

Cab... Naah... tractors the size of mine look daft with cabs (IMHO) and I'm a true believer in the Swedish saying: There's no such thing as bad weather, only bad clothes. I'm more than happy for an hour or so at minus 20 Degrees C (-4F) and not being able to see past the FEL in the driving snow. :thumbsup:

Infact... to be utterly honest, one of the reasons I *like* being wrapped up and out in that kind of weather is *because* I know few other people who would be able to stand it. When I get a little further on in years, I don't doubt that I'll got for a cab :D

I have the cheap snowblower now and for the most part don't need for other than a weight on the back end but your description fits me also, i'm fifty now and starting to notice the bothers but will still enjoy a good blast once in awhile.

Steve
Nova Scotia

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #486  
I'm much the same. If I look outside and it's not fit for man nor dog, I'll just stay inside 'til things improve. Or, if I have to go out, Helly-Hansen keeps me warm and dry.

I wasn't born with a cab, nor was I dry.. loosely translated, I'm too cheap to pay for a cab:D

Sean

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #487  
I was the same way with my snowblower in the beginning as I had gone from a back blade and using the FEL to move the banks back. The first year the snowblower provided me with banks, but the were 25 feet away. I would wear my snowmobile outfit and helmet and would come in covered with snow. The next year I ordered the weather break and added plexiglas cover to the back of the ROPS. Now I snow blow without any gloves on and most of the time with my jacket unzipped.

The Femco weather break was a cheap way to partially close in the drivers area of the tractor and it is easy to install in the fall and take off in the spring. Could be an age thing, but I like to think it is just more comfortable for me.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #488  
here is my baby... Massey Ferguson 2615, dl250 fel, bushhog 7ft blade and some chains.

turns out it makes a handy whellbarrow too :thumbsup:

Attachments

• 106_5864.JPG
    106_5864.JPG
    509.9 KB · Views: 453
  • 106_5866.JPG
    106_5866.JPG
    388.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 106_5870.JPG
    106_5870.JPG
    418 KB · Views: 349
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #490  
Putting the snowblower back on the tractor today( took it off in hopes that it would make it snow). They are calling for 12" of snow here buy Monday night. can't wait, hope they're right. I got a new snowmobile this year as well so I'm thinking that's why we haven't got any snow yet. I jinxed it.