Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,721  
After a quick glace at what some of the other some what similar have sold for you will likely get more for it then I would pay.
Okay, but don't overlook that it comes with a free Vermier trencher.

One of those with low hours must be worth a few bucks, I'd think.
DSCN4734.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,722  
After a quick glace at what some of the other some what similar have sold for you will likely get more for it then I would pay. There were a few of the "ag" variant of the Unimogs sold around here in the late 60's and early 70's and I have seen a couple of the Freightliners around.
C&C equipment pretty much has some of them forsale, all the time.

SR

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,723  
C&C equipment pretty much has some of them forsale, all the time.

SR
The common SEE (some 2,800 made), and maybe an occasional HMMH (forklift/crane), but I seriously doubt they ever had an HME.

Either way, this HME is likely less money than what they seem to want for a repainted SEE.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,724  
The Chain going to the QA plate for Float... Does that work OK? It's very horizontal where generally the chain is very vertical.
Chain works ok . I do need to straighten the blade up . It’s hanging forward a touch . Then tighten the chain . It worked very well last year.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,725  
The Chain going to the QA plate for Float... Does that work OK? It's very horizontal where generally the chain is very vertical.
My old plow on my old machine worked great with that setup. My new plow for the newer cabbed machine is a solid mount. I keep thinking I'll rebuild it with a hinge & chain to get float.

It stuck out to far, but otherwise worked great. The farther put, the more leverage it has & the more it can push your machine sideways while plowing.
IMG_20150117_153833.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,726  
An underslung mount doesn't hang out so far, can do float or downforce.

1701878432234.jpeg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,727  
My old plow on my old machine worked great with that setup. My new plow for the newer cabbed machine is a solid mount. I keep thinking I'll rebuild it with a hinge & chain to get float.

It stuck out to far, but otherwise worked great. The farther put, the more leverage it has & the more it can push your machine sideways while plowing.View attachment 835782
That is not a dumb idea. Ingenuous on budget!

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,728  
An underslung mount doesn't hang out so far, can do float or downforce.

View attachment 835783
Ya, I've seen your setup before, or at least a similar one here on TBN. Planning on something similar if I get around to chopping up my newish plow. Dismount the plow frame from the SSQA plate then put some kind of hinge on top of it. Its on my to do list, but has been there for a few years already.

I miss float off my first plow. It was my first build & had a number of flaws, especially lacking power angle. But it worked well & was cheap and easy.
20230214_112005.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,729  
Ya, I've seen your setup before, or at least a similar one here on TBN. Planning on something similar if I get around to chopping up my newish plow. Dismount the plow frame from the SSQA plate then put some kind of hinge on top of it. Its on my to do list, but has been there for a few years already.

I miss float off my first plow. It was my first build & had a number of flaws, especially lacking power angle. But it worked well & was cheap and easy.View attachment 835790
Matches my old setup, minus the cab:

IMG_3348.JPG

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #6,730  
I added a new "weapon" to the arsenal this year. I got a little tired of the ATV with a blade for the small to medium snowfalls. I had to turn the heater off the first time I used it.

Attachments

• IMG_20230928_145112262_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230928_145112262_HDR.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 60