Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Pictures of your snow weapons

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #561  
For the record...... Thanks dad! Box scraper has a blade on the backside and a blade can be turned around Weird
The rear facing blade on the box blade and the fact you can turn a rear blade around 180 degrees are for the same purpose. So as you PULL it forward, it smooths the loose soil/sand. NEITHER ARE DESIGNED FOR BACKWARDS USE.

michaelbisset, I only brought it up in case you were un-aware. I've seen many 3pt arms replaced from the same use and one actually cracked the rear housing which required a $2000 repair plus 4 months of downtime...

For light use at slow speeds, I'm sure it will work just fine. :thumbsup:

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #562  
...For light use at slow speeds, I'm sure it will work just fine. :thumbsup:

Or, buy a really cheap blade so that the blade busts before the tractor does...

Attachments

• Broken%20Rear%20Angle%20Blade.JPG
    Broken%20Rear%20Angle%20Blade.JPG
    94.3 KB · Views: 525
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #564  
I'm all in favor of crunch zones.

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #565  
Looks like rust set in in the early stages of It's life;)

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #566  
I have seriously snagged the blade both pushing and pulling with my old massey. I have rewelded the 3pth frame twice and this year added a new blade. The lower links are very strong but I can see a lighter tractor having a problem. I believe Scraper blades are made for slow work. Snow blades have shoes and trip mechanisms and are made to be used with some speed. I attached some shoes to my new blade but still have to be careful to not go too fast.

Attachments

• Plow.JPG
    Plow.JPG
    141.3 KB · Views: 568
   / Pictures of your snow weapons #569  
Here is my new setup I paid $500 for. I want to repaint and add hydraulic cylinders and a crossover reliefe valve to it in the future.
Snow Plow 4.jpg

Snow Plow 2.jpg

/ Pictures of your snow weapons #570  
So many great "weapons" and no snow to fight.
Have we built up the army so much we've scared off the enemy? Hope not. :D