Plasma cutter

/ Plasma cutter #11  
But not near the capacity...Or the warranty length either. But I'd say it is a good unit overall. But I don't know if it is a mosfet or igbt. And that alone is worth the difference.

For that unit you probably have enough to get started with a cutter that size. IMHO, for smaller cutters, 50 amps and under, Tank capacity is more important than cfm as you are not going to be demanding a lot of extended cutting from the unit. Having a larger reserve will cover you if you are marginal on cfm.

/ Plasma cutter #13  
Volume is what I was referring to. 20-30 gallons is the minimum I'd consider personally. One other thing, as I just looked up the plasma cutter, that thing is only going to cut 1/8" maybe 3/16" satisfactorily. Unless you are just going to cut sheet metal, you are going to be going slow. Any oxy fuel torch would seriously outperform this unit.

/ Plasma cutter #14  
If you do a lot of cutting, or painting. A cooler, after cooler, and a Motor Guard filter system are very good things to add to your shop.

Attachments

• IR cooler.JPG
    IR cooler.JPG
    244.4 KB · Views: 124
  • IR Temp.JPG
    IR Temp.JPG
    395.4 KB · Views: 129
  • After cooler.jpg
    After cooler.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 138
  • IR Temp2.JPG
    IR Temp2.JPG
    138.1 KB · Views: 142
  • Motor guard system.jpg
    Motor guard system.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 138
   / Plasma cutter
I have been going back and forth about what I should buy yeah I know I should of bought the 30 gal. cpmpressor, I still might buy the tanks nothing written in stone yet.

/ Plasma cutter #16  
Nothing wrong with connecting them in parallel as they'd increase the capacity.

/ Plasma cutter #17  
I have been going back and forth about what I should buy yeah I know I should of bought the 30 gal. cpmpressor, I still might buy the tanks nothing written in stone yet.

It might help to keep a couple extra disposable in line air filters around, the smaller compressors seem to produce more water than a larger pump /tank setup.

I know with my combo welder/plasma cutter the consumables last better when the air is as dry as possible.

Also agree a good idea - adding a larger tank and then supplying the air from it to the plasma cutter after a water trap/ filter

/ Plasma cutter
It might help to keep a couple extra disposable in line air filters around, the smaller compressors seem to produce more water than a larger pump /tank setup.

I know with my combo welder/plasma cutter the consumables last better when the air is as dry as possible.

Also agree a good idea - adding a larger tank and then supplying the air from it to the plasma cutter after a water trap/ filter
Thanks for the info

/ Plasma cutter #19  
Tank size doesn't mean squat if the compressor can't fill it or keep it filled in a reasonable time and that means CFM. The more air you use, the higher CFM output of the compressor you want. It doesn't make any difference what air tool you're using other than it's consumption. If the compressor is running all the time you're using air, the compressor is too small or the tank is too big and the cutoff pressure is set too high. The compressor I use for sand blasting has virtually no tank at all but it outputs 160cfm at 125psi. Don't buy a compressor based on tank size alone.

/ Plasma cutter #20  
If you do a lot of cutting, or painting. A cooler, after cooler, and a Motor Guard filter system are very good things to add to your shop.

Don't skip over this, you might not need this extensive of a setup but, you need DRY, CLEAN air for a plasma cutter. The importance of this can't be overemphasized.