Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping?

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping?
Thanks for the info and posts. Will update as i get information from the dealer.

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping? #12  
Sounds like the first owner used it for a only loader work and it wasn't the owner using it and it took a lot of abuse going from forward to reverse at high rpms without slowing down. Either that or he clutch pack is way out of adjustment if that is possible.

Hydraulic clutches should last a lot longer than a dry clutch but not if they get abused. It's still a friction plate and the more friction the more wear. That's exactly what would happen during high rpm high speed direction changes. That's kind of abuse would happen with someone using a loader all the time trying to make time.

The dealer should make good on this or take the tractor back since they sold you a non functional tractor when in good faith you were buying a working tractor from them.

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping? #13  
You didn't mention what you paid for the machine. If you bought it super cheap maybe that is the trade off. The dealer should have mentioned at sale time any warranty or deal on replacement items that come up needing attention. Was it a NH dealer ?
I paid a bit more for mine but the service dept. where I bought it is very well trained. It may take a while to get in but they have some good wrenches. I only have 250 hours on my 55 and it functions like I expect it should.
Good luck with your repair.

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping? #14  
When a dealer takes a trade, especially a high dollar 55 hp compact 4x4, they check every mode of operation. When it doesn't function correctly they either don't buy, bought it from a salvage operation for very little cash, no warranty or subtract the repair estimate from the wholesale price. In this case expensive parts and many hours of labor. Besides it may be more than the clutch itself.
Something is not right or there is more to the story. The seller definately knew of the problem. I can't believe the buyer didn't stick the loader in a pile and test the hydraulics before purchase.

they came and picked it up Tuesday night and i have not heard back. I am planning on calling in the middle of next week to see if they have looked at it yet. once they figure out what it is i will ask what their plans are.

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping? #16  
There are only 2 things that will make the tractor behave like that and I think it is the more $$$ option one. However... I like to see the outcome of it as I am curious now.

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping? #17  
Almost three weeks since they picked it up. Are they that slow or are there alot of more serious problems ahead of your tractor ? I can't believe a NH dealer thought this was normal operation when they did a pre check before delivery. Sounds like they had to winch it up on the roll back to load it.
I'm digging in the rock infested soil with mine and it works great. It is sure nice to have something with power, hydraulics, four wheel drive, that is used less than 200 hours at my disposal.
I would still beinterested in what an older TC 55 sold for. I guess the owner doesn't want to share ... buyers remorse ????

18900 was the purchase price. Had an 18la with qa bucket. Loaded r4 tractor in excellent condition excepting of course my problem. I did everything possible to test it at the dealers lot. There were no opportunities to do much real life testing, checked the loader by lifting up the front end, which isnt a really good test but there was nothing else. Tested diff lock and 4wd. The best way I could think of to check the clutch was hold the brake and put it in gear thinking that it should stall. When it didnt I asked the dealer about it and he said it was supposed to do that. I guess he was thinking it had a torque converter which would allow for low rpm stopping in gear. I had gone there to look at a tc45d hst but wasnt impressed with it so I looked at the tc55da. Wasnt familiar with the 55da so I took his word after establishing that this problem was happening on the lot. They replaced the inching pedal valve and that didnt fix it so now they are waiting on another valve but said it is backordered until middle of the month. They have still been good to work with and while a little slower than I would like seem to be making forward progress.

Update!!! a friend at work who lives close to the dealer and has bought a lot from him said he stopped by friday and said that he looked at the tractor and it is fixed. He talked to the mechanic and he said they replaced the inching pedal cable?? i havent herd from the dealer yet so hopefully today and ill get it back to check out.

/ Please help! NH TC55DA clutch slipping? #20  
Well... I hope she is working for you now! Inching pedal cable and valves are much cheaper than that clutch arrangment.