Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!!

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #11  
That's a really good thought. I still don't know why other tractor manufacturers haven't copied it. Probably their lawyers are too scared of the potential liability from some idiot doing something stupid.

The funny thing is that in other markets, Kioti apparently uses electric-hydraulic valves to do the same thing (the two empty switch blanks on the right rear fender in my photo hold the up and down switches in Korean versions) whereas here and in Russia, we get a lever that physically in linked the the linking inside the cab to move the 3PT up and down. The Russian importer thinks it is more so due to our climates than anything, but one must reach in to get at the lever and maybe there is some legal-beagle Korean issue that requires buttons.

I'm thinking about using one of those to blanks for an external rear light switch.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #12  
I'm thinking about using one of those two blanks for an external rear light switch.
Great idea, Eric. And the other for the spigot on your keg you carry 'for ballast', right? (sorry for thread drift, EA)

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #13  
Everyone seems to think that my Massey is sexy ... and she likes the camera!

ForumRunner_20140725_195748.png

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #14  
And the 3pt area is well built, accessible, and easy to adjust. Here she is next to my LS R4047.

ForumRunner_20140725_200855.png

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #15  
Mahindra says they're the world's largest selling tractor company and are #3 in the US behind Deere and Kubota.

That being said, they make a real pretty product and will fit your needs perfectly. :)

The bigger ones look just as nice as my 3016, have the quick attach bucket, and a real easy on/off loader and hoe. Also a larger lift capacity so they'll handle the implements better than a Kioti.

IMG0041A%201000x546.jpg

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #16  
I vote 45-60 hp with HST, open station. This seems to be a pretty popular arrangement these days.

Like a Mahindra 5035, LS XR4046, Kioti DK50, Deere 4720 or Massey 17XX.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #17  
You are selling good ole American made products. How about at least using one with an American name. I just got a NH Workmaster 55. Cat 2 tph tier 3 engine. 2500# loader 3xxx on the tph. And what I think sets it off are those big R1 front tires. I will post a picture later from my app

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #18  
I see nothing wrong with the Mahindra name. They helped us win the pacific in WW2 building the allied jeeps. India has always been a friend to the US. I see nothing wrong with the Kioti name, South Korea is a shining example of what can be done with the freedoms we've helped them and others achieve.

Heck, my Mahindra is LOADED with American parts and components. None of the "American" branded tractors in the compact segment are truly "all American", most are either made elsewhere and shipped here or they're assembled here with components from elsewhere. Raising the Red, White, and Blue is a great thing, but research it; buying John Deere or New Holland doesn't mean it's American. The Workmaster 55 was built in India... And, the ISM motor that powers it may have been made in China...

Last edited:
   / Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #19  
You are selling good ole American made products. How about at least using one with an American name. I just got a NH Workmaster 55. Cat 2 tph tier 3 engine. 2500# loader 3xxx on the tph. And what I think sets it off are those big R1 front tires. I will post a picture later from my app

I'll bet that a very high percentage of ETA's 3pt equipment sales are for Category 1 hitches, not Cat 2. I don't remember Travis saying Cat 1 or 2, but I'll bet they are looking for a Cat 1 or maybe a Cat 1 / Cat 2 capable tractor.