Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!!

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #21  
I'll bet that a very high percentage of ETA's 3pt equipment sales are for Category 1 hitches, not Cat 2. I don't remember Travis saying Cat 1 or 2, but I'll bet they are looking for a Cat 1 or maybe a Cat 1 / Cat 2 capable tractor.

The only modern tractor currently in the stable here is his little CT122 Bobcat, and it will still be used for smaller landscaping and gardening attachments.
For the heavier work, he is interested in a large compact or small utility tractor in the 50-65 horsepower range to use in the videos.

The candidates should have a well built 3 point hitch with nice, easily adjustable linkage and a loader with universal quick attach. Beyond that, our ears are open!!

When you start getting into the largest compacts and small utes in those HP ranges, they all have Cat1+2 or Cat2 only. A BIG 60HP compact is going to tear virtually any Cat1 implement up with the slightest of issues (hitting a rock under the soil or bumping into something). They say they're continuing to use their small Bobcat tractor for the smaller items, I'm pretty sure that unit is Cat1 from what I remember of existing videos on their site. The NH WM55 I think would be fine if it were 4x4.

Last edited:
   / Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #22  
His spec said a well built hitch. He didn't say cat 1 or cat 2. I'm using cat 1 implements and it's just a matter of a bushing. It has a adjustable end links and easy to use side links. I know it's well built because I haven't torn it up yet.
I said or at least I think I did "use one with an American name". I realize where tractors come from. My manual says it has a Shabaru engine it and the tag on the nomenclature plate says it was made in Italy. And I didn't read that on the internet. What exactly is an ISM motor.
I guess I should be ashamed of buying a cheap piece of American named crap.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #23  
No experience with Kiota, or Mahindra, I do not know if i have ever seen one. A few small kubota around but JD is most popular here second to nh, then case, massey. Be sure that there are good dealers near you for whatever you get. Drove many tractors over the years and just i keep going green. Although my farmall m is still king at our place.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #24  
My manual says it has a Shabaru engine it and the tag on the nomenclature plate says it was made in Italy. And I didn't read that on the internet. What exactly is an ISM motor.

ISM is:

Ishikawajima-Shibaura machinery Co., Ltd. Your engine was made by Shibaura, not Shabaru.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #25  
Sysop I went back and read your link about ISM. Hope that article didn't mean for Workmaster. When I bought my grey market Shabaru I was under the impression it is an all Japanese co. It's no telling where anything is made and the dealers wouldn't point out that it's a Chinese made Japanese engine.
But I'm still rootin for an American named tractor.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #26  
ISM is:

Ishikawajima-Shibaura machinery Co., Ltd. Your engine was made by Shibaura, not Shabaru.

I own a whole tractor made by them I can never spell it right

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #28  
No clue man, my point was that ya can end up with a more American product with a funny foreign name sometimes than going with what seems to be an American name. As you said, it's no telling where anything is made anymore. Most likely the dealers aren't educated enough to know where things are made. You just have to do your own research on whatever is available to you for the needed tasks at the time. I don't think EA could really make a wrong choice with any of the mentioned models, but I'd not let the name sway the choice much (if any). They all make good ones and bad ones.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #29  
Everything I have read says Deere and Kubota are the top two in the US. I would think those would be top of the list. Nothing wrong with the other brands and these days ones probably as good as the other. I think the biggest thing that sets brands apart is dealers,service and resale.

/ Please Help Us Choose a NEW VIDEO TRACTOR!!! #30  
Everyone seems to think that my Massey is sexy ... and she likes the camera!

View attachment 384068

Masseys are the best looking tractors and they even have musical theme music.

a-massey_ferguson_5450.jpg