Please identify this weather phenomenon

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #1  

CenTex Chris

Silver Member
Tractor
2009 Kioti CK35 HST and 1947 Ford 2N
Howdy from warm and sunny south central Texas,

Night before last, a mysterious and highly unusual form of precipitation was deposited by a rather strong and very chilly cold front moving through this area. Yesterday morning I awoke to find a porous and clumpy amalgamation of frozen water crystals blanketing the entire property. I have included a photo below. Within a matter of hours, with the rising sun and concurrently increasing ground radiation, this strange white substance simply melted away. I would like to know if anyone here (perhaps those living in colder, more northern climes than mine) has experienced this sort of meterological phenomenon before, and if so, is there a common name for it.

In other words, what the heck *is* this stuff? Thanks in advance.

IMG_8292.JPG

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #3  
Its name is one of those danged 4 letter words that I hate to mention, as mentioning it may call it.
And that makes this morning job :( time to mount up the rear chains for the season.

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #5  
Canadian Dandruff.

I was in Houston on business one winter. Turned on the morning news as I was getting ready for my flight back that day. Checked the channel, again, to verify local.

What I'd heard on TV as I was shaving was wailing about "ice-storm", hence my confusion. I got even more confused when I looked outside.

Context is everything.... turns out all that had happened was it had gotten cold enough that rain-puddles on pavement had frozen - people were freaking out about those puddles :rolleyes:

Long way of saying.... hope you don't have to drive far before that melts.....

Rgds, D.

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #7  
The weather gurus are saying this trend will continue thru most of the Winter. You may get another opportunity to study this abnormality in person. :)

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #8  
They say when "hail" freezes over. Well there you go!

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #9  
Global Warming seems to be petering out.

It is, what it is. Enjoy.

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas................ ;)

/ Please identify this weather phenomenon #10  
I call it "extra long period of mud" Can't stand it when it happens here. Thankfully it only happens every couple of years.