Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #1  

jtn

Silver Member
Tractor
New Holland TC45D
For the second time this year we had a major snow of 3" (better than noth8ing at least) so I thought I would take some pictures. I angle the blade and work in reverse then use the FEL to plow the turn around and in front of the garage.

JT

Attachments

• 47-228128-Plow20.jpg
    47-228128-Plow20.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 265
   / Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS
I like working this way even thought the neck can get a little stiff. I use the blade for the driveway and the FEL for the turn around and in front of the garage.

JT

Attachments

• 47-228132-Plow21.jpg
    47-228132-Plow21.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 191
   / Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #3  
Nice photos.

Wouldn't it be easier to turn the blade around for plowing to remove small snow fall faster.

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #4  
JT;

With that amount of snow, you should be able to plow the snow facing forward okay (turn the blade around, of course). Is a little easier on the neck and easier to drive in a straight line.

I have a rear blade on mine (5') and a front mount snowblower.

Sometimes I'll just use the blade (driving forward) and it does a really good job of windrowing even though you're moving slow. The blade really scrapes down to the pavement good (looks like you're on pavement versus gravel) - peels up the tire tracks and everything else (doesn't harm the pavement at all though).

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #5  
<font color=blue>I like working this way even thought the neck can get a little stiff.</font color=blue>

The last time I was doing this, I cought the blade on the transition from the road to the driveway, stopped the tractor cold. Wacked my head into the ROPS pretty hard. I managed a direct hit on one of the hinge bolts. You can still see the imprint of the bolt on my forehead (2 weeks later).

Wife said she heard me scream bloody murder and a few other choice words. But then I stopped so she figured I was OK & went about her business. I told her if she hears me yelling while out on the tractor. she should come investigate, never know If I'm stuck under it or something./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #6  
<font color=blue>Wife said she heard me scream bloody murder and a few other choice words. But then I stopped so she figured I was OK & went about her business. I told her if she hears me yelling while out on the tractor. she should come investigate, never know If I'm stuck under it or something. </font color=blue>

I often wear a very loud whistle on a thong around my neck. I figure if I get in a real jam I can just blow this thing until somebody comes to investigate. My wife knows to come if she ever hears this. Just a thought..

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #7  
Good idea. When cutting timber a whistle is part of our standard gear.

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #8  
Great Idea trev! I've got a couple signal whistles kicking around (always carry them when kayaking or hiking).

Option 2 would be the horn I just bought the wife for Christmas (she loves it). Assuming I can reach the button. beep, beep, help!

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #9  
<font color=blue>wear a very loud whistle on a thong around my neck</font color=blue>

uggggg.... shuddering at the thought.... /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #10  
<font color=green>wear a very loud whistle on a thong around my neck</font color=green>

<font color=blue>uggggg.... shuddering at the thought.... </font color=blue>

ROFL!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif Yeah, bad choice of words!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif