Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS #21  
Hi,

We just got back from Florida yesterday...was 22 in Jacksonville when we left by the way /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

<font color=blue>With that amount of snow, you should be able to plow the snow facing forward okay (turn the blade around, of course). </font color=blue>

Found some snow in the driveway and got a little more today. The kids had cleaned some off, but there were areas that probably had six inches or so still there, and about three or four with what fell this morning/early afternoon.

I'm a novice at snow removal with the back blade, but again tried plowing in the forward direction with the blade backwards and was VERY satisfied with the results. Tends to dig in a lot less and still got down to the crushed limestone that is on the driveway/parking area.

I would guess if we got LOTS of snow, using the blade backwards would not be the greatest. But my problem when using it in the proper orientation was that it dug in to much. THe curve of the blade pointing backwards lets the blade more easily skip over anything that happens to be sticking up...all in all a winning combination for my needs, at least with under six inches of snow.

If we got a foot I would probably use the loader first anyway, and then follow up with the reversed rear blade.

I guess all I am trying to say...to any novices like me...is don't write off the backwards use of the back blade. Just might work pretty well...

This is just a general info reply and is not directed at snowman's comment. Just cut and pasted it into this post as it rang the bell in my head.../w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Bill in Pgh, PA

/ Plowing Snow Facing BACKWARDS
A lot of people have commented on digging up thier gravel driveways. I feather the blade control so the cutting edge is just skimming the surface if the ground is not frozen. Once it is frozen I drop and go.

JT