Pneumatic Grease gun?

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #21  
I decided on the M12 Milwaukee. The brands like Lincoln are nice, just seemed like a waste to have batteries and a charger I would have no other use for, despite already having a full Bosch 12v set.

I love the grease gun and picked up some other tools only available from Milwaukees line like the ratchet, caulk gun, etc. Very happy with my decision!

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #22  
Just curious, did the airbag going off break your fingers in the wreck?

/ Pneumatic Grease gun?
Thanks everyone! Some really great info here. I didn't think about a cordless one, so will check that out. The easier the better.. I just got some battery powered tools, so maybe I can find one that will fit those battery packs and save myself some hassle. Now I need to find an easy place to get more grease (crown and chassis), right now I have to drive about an hour to get it and buy in bulk...

/ Pneumatic Grease gun?
Just curious, did the airbag going off break your fingers in the wreck?

The air bag didn't deploy (low speed collission into a giant rock hiding in a snowbank). I was pulling a loaded trailer so there was still a lot of force involved. Not sure if I would have been better off if it deployed, I put a knee a few inches into the dash. I think I hit my fingers on my brake controller, my hand was on the gear shift at impact and the brake controller was mounted in front of it. Broke the ring finger in 2 places and the pinky in 1. Also tweaked my wrist / hand, so the motion of grabbing and twisting, lifting or squeezing causes a lot of pain. Unfortunately the ring finger had also been broken a few monts before, so its been a bad year for that hand....

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #25  
I picked up an air grease gun this spring at TSC on sale for $19.99. When I got it, they were out of them at the local store, but I talked the clerk into taking down and giving me the display model and it has worked great. He was even able to locate the box and instruction manual. That thing has already saved me a ton of time just greasing my disk 4 or 5 times since I got it. It also made very short work of greasing the loader on my tractor which must have 20 or more fittings, (the disk has 8, but they take a lot, totaling around 3/4 tube per lube. That job was always a pain with a hand-gun. Now I actually look forward to doing it. I wouldn't own another battery powered tool as there is nothing worse than a dead battery when you got a job to do.

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #26  
Thanks everyone! Some really great info here. I didn't think about a cordless one, so will check that out. The easier the better.. I just got some battery powered tools, so maybe I can find one that will fit those battery packs and save myself some hassle. Now I need to find an easy place to get more grease (crown and chassis), right now I have to drive about an hour to get it and buy in bulk...

I bought a 5-gal bucket of Kubota grease a few years ago, from Messicks. Price was surprisingly reasonable even with shipping. Way cheaper than buying tubes.

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #27  
While the vast majority of my cordless tools are yellow, after looking at everything I purchased a new M18 grease gun last month. Very happy with the features, ease of use and price. Good luck..

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #28  
Yeah Paul, I believe that would be a great setup!!! Now we've thrown another wrench into the decision making process. Heheheheh. :)

Yep but I just looked at the link in one of the other posts and see the price on the small 5 gal bucket dispenser. Amazon.com: 5 Gallons Air Operated High Pressure Grease Pump (20ft Long Hose): Automotive I guess we really are good at spending other peoples money on here!
I guess getting mine at the price I did was luck! BUT knowing how well it works for me with all the Equipment we have I would be more than willing to pay the 230 bucks for at least the 5 gal pump shown in the link if I had to replace it the bigger ones are a bit pricey but maybe a search of E-bay would yield something for less

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #29  
Yep but I just looked at the link in one of the other posts and see the price on the small 5 gal bucket dispenser. Amazon.com: 5 Gallons Air Operated High Pressure Grease Pump (20ft Long Hose): Automotive I guess we really are good at spending other peoples money on here!
I guess getting mine at the price I did was luck! BUT knowing how well it works for me with all the Equipment we have I would be more than willing to pay the 230 bucks for at least the 5 gal pump shown in the link if I had to replace it the bigger ones are a bit pricey but maybe a search of E-bay would yield something for less

Given our disabilites regarding the ability to grease in odd positions, the $230 might be worth it, but the extra $100 for shipping would break the bank!

/ Pneumatic Grease gun? #30  

AHHHH, another fan of Crown & Chassis 880 (I presume). It is definitely good grease but it is only sold by the case for tubes by the manufacturer. Every once in a while eBay will have it by the tube or other measure. $8 - $10 a tube is pretty expensive. I'm thinking about going to Lucas grease.

Disc bearings do take a lot of grease, at least a tube for mine. I use the el cheapo black stuff from Tractor Supply for that application. Just hold down the trigger on the pneumatic gun until grease squirts out the sides of the bearing.